Car Stereo?

Digital Mouth

a really expensive Porsche one?

http://www.classicdriver.com/uk/magazine/3300.asp?id=15440

A nice Becker Mexico retro unit with all the modern fruit?

http://www.classicdriver.com/uk/magazine/3300.asp?id=12924

It'll take some digging to buy either in aus. I'm in the same situation, though I'm looking for something with bluetooth that looks like an 80's unit.

i really want one of those becker mexico's - maybe i'll spend my christmas bonus - they were still crazy expensive last time i looked

the problem with the porsche unit is they maps don't work outside of europe.

been looking at a retro sound model one, but they don't even have bluetooth - and the SD card is auxilary

there was a becker europa retro that looks really cool, but they're rare as. and the becker mexico is too expensive

might just get something blaupunkt - i want SD card, and something without larish blue/red lights all over it that delivers good sound, and maybe bluetooth

wasserkuhl i love you for making that decision easy!. i'm buying one now.

Get it from ebay Germany 154EUR Postage included. Thats less than 220AUD.

Bargain.

I even have some nice Blaupunkt speakers if you need some for the doors.....

eBay is easy. I can even get it for you if you like(if you are not on ebay and are not sure how to do it?) Pm me and I can guide you.

all Blaupunkts are world tuners so you can select your region and it will work. Simples.

Heres one I have bought form these guys before:

http://www.ebay.de/itm/Blaupunkt-Toronto-420-BT-CD-MP3-Autoradio-mit-Bluetooth-USB-SD-iPod-AUX-IN-/390513092897?pt=CE_Auto_Hi_Fi_Autoradios&hash=item5aec64e921

wow, thanks mate. are the speakers better than the stock ones?

i bought the 420 from that seller, we'll see how long it takes to get here. can't wait to have bluetooth in the porsche! (i've got it in my other car and it's so much better than running a lead!)

been looking at a retro sound model one, but they don't even have bluetooth - and the SD card is auxilary

there was a becker europa retro that looks really cool, but they're rare as. and the becker mexico is too expensive

might just get something blaupunkt - i want SD card, and something without larish blue/red lights all over it that delivers good sound, and maybe bluetooth

I had similar requirements, I drive mine to work once a week/fortnight and job requires I talk on the phone sometimes. Bluetooth was a neccesary accessory and I didn't want to carry ANY CD's etc in the car.

My solution was the below - looks quite good and the colour of the screen customisable to suit the dash lights

post-1060-0-91266900-1355916507_thumb.jp

post-1060-0-71706800-1355916511_thumb.jp

wow, thanks mate. are the speakers better than the stock ones?

i bought the 420 from that seller, we'll see how long it takes to get here. can't wait to have bluetooth in the porsche! (i've got it in my other car and it's so much better than running a lead!)

yes much better than stock.

should get to you in under 3 weeks.

Just Buy a Blaupunkt Toronto BT 420. Suits the 911 Dash and has all the modern fruit, along with good power straight off the head unit.

Bluetooth Rocks. Feck CDs.

Excellent suggestion! This meets all my requirements.

I'll order mine after the Christmas shenanigans are over.

Blaupunkt Toronto in my car.

DSC_4808-1_zps65659dfd.jpg

This was the only stereo I could find that has the Bluetooth functionality and did not look like it belongs in a space shuttle.

Word of warning though: If you are thinking of using bluetooth you may look at other options that have external mic. Toronto has integrated mic and it does not work very well in my experience (especially when combined with a lot of background noise that is typical in an old air cooled 911).

Blaupunkt Toronto in my car.

DSC_4808-1_zps65659dfd.jpg

This was the only stereo I could find that has the Bluetooth functionality and did not look like it belongs in a space shuttle.

Word of warning though: If you are thinking of using bluetooth you may look at other options that have external mic. Toronto has integrated mic and it does not work very well in my experience (especially when combined with a lot of background noise that is typical in an old air cooled 911).

I only use it for media streaming. I have a BT400 like this in mine atm. Removing that and going BT420 and putting the BT400 back in my Subaru Liberty RS Turbo.

I have used the phone function a couple of times and I have to pull over so that the other person can hear me................its a bit loud...........

VDO do a very nice BT unit as well, they are more expensive that the bluepoint but do suit the 911 Dash very well

post-912-0-90351100-1355974228_thumb.jpg

http://www.eclipse-web.com/au/products/cdreceiver/cd5030/feature.html#pageNav

paid roughly $350 for it, not sure how much it is retail. Best head unit i bought! Full crossovers for front and rear (separate) so you can remove as much low end Hz as you want to get more out of the stock speakers.

I have stock speakers in the front of my 944, Alpine DDDrive Midbass speakers in the rear which don't do to much and a 10" $20 sub in the rear (spare tire weel) and some shitty amps. all this i had sitting in the garage when i use to play with amps and speakers so i haven't actually bought good stuff yet (everything minus the head unit)

And mind you, my system (tuned myself) sounds like i paid 3-4k for it.

Get it from ebay Germany 154EUR Postage included. Thats less than 220AUD.

Bargain.

I even have some nice Blaupunkt speakers if you need some for the doors.....

eBay is easy. I can even get it for you if you like(if you are not on ebay and are not sure how to do it?) Pm me and I can guide you.

all Blaupunkts are world tuners so you can select your region and it will work. Simples.

Heres one I have bought form these guys before:

http://www.ebay.de/i...=item5aec64e921

Do these come with a multi-lingual manual or are they only in german?

EDIT: Never mind, it took me 2 seconds on google to find english installation pdf's :)

Archived