My not-so-new 356

Stunning.........do want!!

Cheers Al

Hi All

Well, I started looking at 996 C4S, then 996TT, then sort of saw this and, well, ended up with it. So here she is, my 356B "Outlaw"! I'm very happy with it!

Cheers

JED

Stunning.........do want!!

Cheers Al

Nice thread on Pelican re your blue SC Quozi. Stunning car. Anyone interested in checking it out, click onto the My Garage on the above site.

I've just checked out Quozl's Blau Frau.  WOW!  this ticks all the right boxes.

I'm curious, how well does the 993 cam work with the CIS? Is that more for high rev performance on the track? How is it on the road?

I've just checked out Quozl's Frau Blau.  WOW!  this ticks all the right boxes.

I'm curious, how well does the 993 cam work with the CIS? Is that more for high rev performance on the track? How is it on the road?

No issues on the road, bit lumpy at idle but Michael from Promotive has it ticking along nicely, it has plenty of go. Haven't had it on the track yet, still want to sort out the suspension with him. The engine had a $30k rebuild in 2000 by the previous owner with receipts for all the work from Porsche Melbourne with only 20,000 k on it now. We haven't had it apart yet, no need as yet but we will be upgrading it a bit when it needs a rebuild.

Nice thread on Pelican re your blue SC Quozi. Stunning car. Anyone interested in checking it out, click onto the My Garage on the above site.

I have a thread on here as well with better pictures and a bit more info on the build.

Edit: apologies to the original thread author for the thread jacking :-(

Cheers Al

No issues on the road, bit lumpy at idle but Michael from Promotive has it ticking along nicely, it has plenty of go. Haven't had it on the track yet, still want to sort out the suspension with him. The engine had a $30k rebuild in 2000 by the previous owner with receipts for all the work from Porsche Melbourne with only 20,000 k on it now. We haven't had it apart yet, no need as yet but we will be upgrading it a bit when it needs a rebuild.

I have a thread on here as well with better pictures and a bit more info on the build.

Edit: apologies to the original thread author for the thread jacking :-(

Cheers Al

Thanks for the feed back.

$30k engine rebuild with less than 20000 km. wtf??

maybe I'll file this under "while you're in there" if/when I need to open up the engine.  - end of hijack ;)

EDIT:  Just had a PM from Quozl; $30k included a bunch of other upgrades, not just engine - my mistake :rolleyes:

Archived