My not-so-new 356

Hi All

Well, I started looking at 996 C4S, then 996TT, then sort of saw this and, well, ended up with it. So here she is, my 356B "Outlaw"! I'm very happy with it!

Cheers

JED

post-894-0-49721500-1357556615_thumb.jpg

post-894-0-72166600-1357556627_thumb.jpg

Thanks all - it's not perfect, but it's been restored / modified really nicely, so you can really enjoy driving it!

Nice T6 B model there.

What motor is in it? a super or normal?

C'mon, need details if its a hot rod!!!!

Love it!!

Hi Wasserkuhl! Motor has been rebuilt to Super 90 specs, but is not an original super 90. Trying to trace the history of it actually - I can get back 3 owners to 2004, but nothing prior to that. Interestingly it has a sticker on it for the "Porsche 50 year Anniversary" gathering in Melbourne back in 1998 and a participant number, so hoping I can use that to trace something! Just have to work out who to ask!

Cheers

jed

Jed, the car looks superb, well done

a word of warning!

I used to have an aftermarket stick on replacement rego number - like your front one appears to be if I'm not mistaken - but was warned at the time that even though it looked just like the one issued by the RTA, it could result in a defect notice and 3 points off my licence if I chanced upon a patrolman who was feeling mean

as if it ever happens that a member of our highway patrol feels uncharitable

Nice car Jed.

I can see why you would want one of those stick on reg numbers so the the beautiful lines of the front end remain uninterrupted. I wanted to put on a stick on reg plate on my long bonnet but was heavily advised against :(

At least in NSW you can have those 100mm height plates. Us Vics are stuck with the Bigger plates.

desismileys_1800.gif

Well done A. Most of us have learnt a lot from your investigations into the cars you were thinking (still thinking) of buying.

I have no doubt you will be in one in the not too distant future.

Thanks for your contributions.

Archived