Anyone have a 944 to sell

Diclofenac

That "should" get you into a 944 - though the prices have certainly crept north... I suspect covid-bored dudes who can't travel are looking for pretty garage trinkets and projects :D

• Don't touch an auto unless you're missing a limb - although there are some nice ones on the market in very nice condition, they're just not desirable (and if you've driven one you'll know why - 70s tech, 3 speed sludge boxes).
  • Try to buy AU delivered, once again - if you need to move it on, you'll sell and Aussie car fairly easily.  UK/HK RHDs sit longer.  Don't bother with a LHD.
  • 944S2s are rarer and out of your price point by a third, but they have 'brought up" the price of the earlier 944 with some recent sales.  But CS is not that indicative of the actual sale prices, so don't be scared to 'offend' a seller with a genuine cash offer, even if it's a bit less than they're expecting.

At $20k you are likely going to need $5k in reserve because although they are super reliable when maintained, things can and do go wrong and they are expensive to fix.  Or you could stretch your budget to $25k - but demand clear and contemporary records with evidence of water pump and belts within 5 years.

Good luck with your search

1 hour ago, Diclofenac said:

Thanks Fishcop! I could potentially stretch the budget a bit for the right car.

I just love Porsche I'd really prefer to not drive anything else. I drove a 1984 911SC as DD for 15 years from the the age of 18. But I'm back to being a student now so hurting for cash.

Been there and done that.  I'm not sure a 944 as a DD is a great idea if you're re-training/studying with a limited income.  I parked my hobbies when I went back to to school and rode a new BMW bike for the duration - I just couldn't risk being stranded or having repair bills at the time!

flay me then thank me .. whilst I think your budget will get you a good 944 

have you Considered a contemp classic - BOXsta

P.S that UK brown (🥰)  931 was a sub 20k sale a few months back .. someday it’s worth 50k and the current seller might say the same .. but it ain’t 

1 hour ago, michel said:

flay me then thank me .. whilst I think your budget will get you a good 944 

have you Considered a contemp classic - BOXsta

P.S that UK brown (🥰)  931 was a sub 20k sale a few months back .. someday it’s worth 50k and the current seller might say the same .. but it ain’t 

Michel has a point. The early Boxster is the new 944. They are a heap of fun to drive and I dare say quite a bit quicker than an NA 944.

31 minutes ago, MFX said:

Michel has a point. The early Boxster is the new 944. They are a heap of fun to drive and I dare say quite a bit quicker than an NA 944.

Here you go, a car my mate has for sale, and perfectly at your price point 🙂