Early Porsche Advertising...

withers

I was just looking at Porsche Posters on eBay.. and I have to say some of them make me chuckle!

From some of these posters, I think the early 911 was the first ever SUV.. go anywhere machine, whilst still looking uber cool

Look! You can park it in the street in the middle of a period costume march through the old town

$T2eC16ZHJF0E9nmFSt4+BQJZTIf5Vw~~60_57.J

Ski Jump! Roof down.. forget you are in -20C weather you're in a Porsche!  Clearly if you sit in a Porsche you don't feel the weather around you :)

$T2eC16FHJGoE9nuQeV9eBQ-KOVWWTg~~60_57.J

Erm where does the Surfboard go?

fd8d_12.JPG

Not sure why this Goat is blocking the gorgeous lines of the 911!  Like whats with the goat fullstop?????

$(KGrHqYOKk!E5EZLEcrGBOR-DHUCEg~~0_3.JPG

This is just plain cool  B)

$T2eC16R,!ygE9s7HJEk)BQ44v-eGp!~~60_3.JP

The original 'Outback'???

$(KGrHqRHJE8FCnq2dH0NBQwoKtHC,w~~60_57.J

Maybe you've got some fave posters..  I wanna see 'em!

• 4 weeks later...

sporto.jpg

Surely that is not a real poster, someone is having a joke!

The fonts are all wrong for late 1960s advertising, so I am calling that a trolling poster.   Which has already landed a catch !

• 2 weeks later...

They put a brake booster on in the 70s , for the ladies too! And the ladyboyz. Later still they put a G50 gearbox in...everything get's softer and easier compared to the good ol' days  :D

i have a sportomatic without a brake booster, does that make me transgender?

Sporto discussion on now@ Early S http://www.early911sregistry.org/forums/showthread.php?85247-Thoughts-about-70-sporto

Does anyone repair them downunder?

hey Russ,  ever thought of a conversion? Mr Pie's got a 915 FS in the FS section. I know I know sportos are yesterday's tiptronic - but one day the box will wear out and then what?

Sporto discussion on now@ Early S http://www.early911sregistry.org/forums/showthread.php?85247-Thoughts-about-70-sporto

hey Russ,  ever thought of a conversion? Mr Pie's got a 915 FS in the FS section. I know I know sportos are yesterday's tiptronic - but one day the box will wear out and then what?

I believe Phil Hearn at Auto Coupe and Spencer Harrison work on Sportos. I found this out when looking at Rob Raymers SC.

lol. i'm not converting it! after talking to a few people i've made up my mind that i'm going to buy another manual coupe to supplement it, i like it the way it is (it's 2.7 sporto-ness) and it's original aus delivered so i'm not going to mess with it.

when the box wears out i'll buy one of the sporto boxes someone has removed to replace with a manual. Or get T&D to rebuild it.

I don't see why they would be any different to a regular box to rebuild, apart from having a few gears in different places. and the small clutch - i just got my torque converter rebuilt so that's one less thing to do

i wonder how many of the people bagging out sportomatics on that board have ever driven one.....

Nothing wrong with sportos ! - and a number of mags are talking them up right at the moment. I have driven one and was neither unimpressed nor overimpressed. Personally I don't like automatics or tiptronic in any car except for stop-start driving. Which is one reason I'm sure sportos were invented - for the US market and the congested roads that infest the bigger cities. plus , many Americans in the 70s could not or would not learn to drive a manual. Probably still the case!

Archived