If you're good with a spanner 'n stuff - 914 FS

In an attempt to learn -   what do I look for to see that wasser?  You mean in the boot?  Cos I can see what appears to be rust color in there. 

Well its something you tend to learn. Why would you paint something like this and then try to sell it so cheaply?

Because, underneath its a complete shed. Whay advertise on gumtree and not carsales.com.au? because you're dodgy.

That thing has been for sale forever. Same guy quoted me $1000 for a 911 bonnet that needed work. He has a heap of stuff but wants NOS money for crap.

Yep, what he said.

Amanda, I amy be wrong here but I'd wager a hundred notes that this 914 is full of bog and crabs down the road.

Apart from what the boys are saying on this grey one, I only want one particular 914/6.

Twenty mill tatslotto next Sat, so after celebration drinks in Canberra, I will make the owner(s) an offer they won't be able to resist.

Interesting garage this grey one comes from though, hmmmm.

These adds have been around for months. There is something dodgy about this seller. They are also advertising 911 parts. I emailed them for a few bits and after a few answers I asked for contact details and where to inspect, pay for and pick up these bits. No answers. I've sent repeated emails  but have now given up. Don't know what the scam is but ill bet there is one somewhere. Anyone that won't supply a phone number when trying to sell stuff seems to have something to hide in my opinion.

As per my post above when they do get back to you they want crazy money for carp. I can check though my emails as I am sure there is a number in there. *Just looked no number* Story I got was Ad posted by the guys sister as he is not on the net and always hard to get hold off. When she did get back to me with $1000 for a bonnet that would need pannel work after I stopped laughing I said thanks but no thanks..

Yeh and these type of people will offer you 60% less than your asking price when trying to buy something off you.

I got a Carsales enquiry yesterday from a guy offering me $12,000 less than my asking price for my SLK. DELETE. Didn't bother even replying.

Guys not a dodgy add. Just that the seller is hard to get old of. I have a part inventory that was emailed to me when i made an enquiry. Happy to pass on to anyone if interested.

The shop is real. visited last year and looked through the parts hoard...for me wanting pre 74 bits not worth the job lot price been asked north of 70 k!!!! though the seller would not fix a concrete price. Alot of rough stuff and agree with the comment 1000 k for a bonnet seen better days...but there are a few cool items....but prices high.

The 914 has a bit of form...painted close to 15 odd years ago, issues with the client ( non payer ) and has sat forlorn. There is some rust but this appears recent due to it been 'pushed outside' ...However there may be a continued legal issue current with the client so trying to purchase this one appears fraught. Besides 15 k for an incomplete 914 appears top of the heap imo.

Cheers michel

Btw good to meet some of you guys who came up to canberra

Archived