What's it worth - 993 Tip/Cab

Was asked a question by a mate today about what a good condition,  1999, 187,000km, 993 Tiptronic Cab is worth.

He was looking at one with a rebuilt engine, good books and history.  Personally I have no real idea as I don't really follow the market so though I would ask the experts.

I told him he should offer me stupid money for my 996 but he declined 😂😂

thanks

1 minute ago, tomk86 said:

I would say somewhere in the $90’s (actual sale price)

I was thinking $95ish, a Tip Coupe is probably $120k so discount back for cab.

I know of the lowish price paid at auction for a car needing a lot of work, which would probably support a $90-$95 price for a good one

14 hours ago, pocketscience said:

A '99 car with a rebuilt engine doesn't equate to a good history if you ask me...

Gavin,

From my observations and experience, usually "rebuilt" means "reseal" when it comes to 993's in the mileage range of say 80,000 to 200,000km so Phil's mate really needs to see the invoice to see what was done before possibly jumping at shadows.

A good degrease, coupla seals, some new gaskets, a set of cam chain tensioners, new ignition leads, a new distributor belt and caps and they're ready for another decade of poncing around.

Phil

I think with 993's the only really special points to look at besides the usual checks are windscreen aperture rust, door stay mounts, the HVAC controller, the front underside isn't too damaged from parking against wheel stops and that bloody evaporator has been replaced.

31 minutes ago, Peter M said:

From my observations and experience, usually "rebuilt" means "reseal" when it comes to 993's in the mileage range of say 80,000 to 200,000km so Phil's mate really needs to see the invoice to see what was done before possibly jumping at shadows.

A good degrease, coupla seals, some new gaskets, a set of cam chain tensioners, new ignition leads, a new distributor belt and caps and they're ready for another decade of poncing around.

Agreed. That's a freshen up by my definition, not a rebuild.