WTB: 1989 Carrera 3.2 M491 Coupe

MRK911

Wanted to Buy: Carrera 3.2 M491 Coupe 1989 Aus Delivered.

Looking for a very particular specification 3.2

I have been searching for sometime to find the right car and I know what I want is a rare beast indeed. I know that there is the right car out there.

Specifics:

- Coupe

- Factory M491

- Australian delivered car - no imports.

- History is important including full books and records required.

Please let me know what you have for sale, decent budget for a decent car.

Have been searching for a few years now. Not in a rush; but ready to move on the right car. 

I own the exact spec above, one previous owner; 77,000 km's; pristine; original; Hamiltons delivery; great options; albeit a Cabriolet - love her but passionate about securing a Coupe.

May be open to a swap with cash for the right car. Mine is not for sale unless I secure a replacement.

Thanks for reading my post.

Gee whiz you like a challenge!  I understand only about 7 of the total 346 Australian delivered G50's were M491's.so can't imagine the number of '89's can more than a couple.

You might have to offer a finders fee! 😁

Here's one though to start stalking: SOLD - 1989 Porsche 911 Carrera 3.2 | ThePorschaDen

Good luck!

6 minutes ago, Peter M said:

Gee whiz you like a challenge!  I understand only about 7 of the total 346 Australian delivered G50's were M491's.so can't imagine the number of '89's can more than a couple.

Here's one though to start stalking: SOLD - 1989 Porsche 911 Carrera 3.2 | ThePorschaDen

Good luck!

Thanks Peter

I appreciate that I'm after a bit of a unicorn. Finders Fee may be appropriate depending upon the right unicorn 😆

I know Matt; bought my 3.2 '89 M491 Cab from him - great guy and I am very lucky to own what I now have with such low km's too.

There is the right car out there for me... Just gotta find it, or it finds me...!

Cheers

• 4 months later...
1 minute ago, GDC010 said:

Have you had any luck on the search?

I have an 86' M491 coupe (not for sale) but haven't seen anything else come to market in a year.

No, I haven't. Still searching for the right spec. 

On 26/01/2022 at 16:17, Peter M said:

Good luck!

Hi @Peter M off topic, but where did you get those figures from? Is the 346 total coupe, cab and targa? Or just coupe? I've been looking for build numbers for a while with no luck. Didnt realise anyone had it. 

On 27/06/2022 at 13:07, rminc said:

Hi @Peter M off topic, but where did you get those figures from? Is the 346 total coupe, cab and targa? Or just coupe? I've been looking for build numbers for a while with no luck. Didnt realise anyone had it. 

Here I recall:  Australian Delivered 1987-1989 G50 911 Delivery Numbers - Page 2 - Air Cooled 911s - PFA (porscheforum.com.au)

The 346 covered all variations except Clubsport and Sportster.

• 4 months later...