Falken FK453

Carrera28

I have been using FK452's on my Porsches for more than 10 years. They are a bit on the hard side. Give very good mileage and reasonable grip in all conditions but I would prefer something a bit softer and grippier. I havent heard much about the 453's butI will be changing to a different tyre next time around. Not sure what yet by either michelins or yokohama's.

Saw Rex Broadbent had yokohama's on his 993 gt2 and thought well here is a guy that really knows about tyre performance so that's the best recommendation for me......

C

I installed 452s on the rear of my 996 fairly recently. They have been fine but I have been driving like miss Daisy tbh as I need to re configure my suspension before I can drive spiritedly on my local roads.

I put falken 452s on the family wagon and hate them. I wanted a good tyre for driving inthe periodic torrential rain we get. But the things are so noisy and when you're doing low speed turns it feels like you're driving a tractor. I ave no idea about how they are for grip in fast driving. I also am very dissatisfied with the tyre dealer for telling me they are a quiet tyre. Maybe not a factor in a noisy Porsche but they might factor into the steering feel. Would never buy again, but everyone is different.

Other car has Pirelli p7s and these are superior in every way IMHO.

my car came with a set of near new Falken 452's - i didnt like them and have put them in storage. Poor grip in comparison to the Yokohama AD08's on my Subaru (let alone the unfair comparison to semi-slick race tyres).

no experience with the F453's, sorry.

Archived