Macan GTS vs S

1 hour ago, smit2100 said:

You changed your tune  quickly.   Reread your first paragraph on your first post   as a double take as you have gone from we ( with mrs) to me very quickly.  Or just a slip of the finger on your keyboard.

The royal “we” :Chuckle2:

On 05/07/2022 at 17:41, smit2100 said:

You changed your tune  quickly.   Reread your first paragraph on your first post   as a double take as you have gone from we ( with mrs) to me very quickly.  Or just a slip of the finger on your keyboard.

It must be my fat fingers on the keyboard pressed the wrong button 😀

Good choice Lucky Phil. We bought a Crayon with red Turbo 18 months ago to replace an ageing 3 series wagon. It's the wife's car (and she loves it) but I enjoy driving it too. On the matter of the ride, our car has air suspension and rides very nicely.  I wouldn't want a Macan to cart a tribe of kids (ours have grown and left us) but for 2 people it's a really good car, both in town and on the highway. No idea about off road though. 

• 1 year later...
On 05/07/2022 at 15:51, Lucky Phil said:

Pretty much ready to push to go button.  Took one for a drive last week and really loved it.  Should look like this based on the configurator.  Trouble is 18 month wait as previously mentioned.  Oh well nice Xmas present from me to me in 2023.

iris.jpeg

Hey @Lucky Phil

Didn't want to stalk you - did you end up getting the Macan GTS and has it been delivered by now?!

I started a thread 7 years ago (!!) about getting a 981 Cayman for my midlife crisis. I ended up with a manual base model and on to my 4th year of ownership (loving it!). However, I have now embraced my midlife and took up golf a year ago... The Cayman is a real pain for it and really impractical 😅 My risk aversion has increased with age so spirited drives are becoming rarer.

Only got room for 1 car so I'm thinking of "swapping" the Cayman for a Gen2 Macan GTS or Turbo, or maybe a Gen3 S, once the values of the Cayman and relevant Macan matches up. Curious to get your take on Macan ownership to date and whether I'd regret my decision for practicality's sake 😎 thanks mate

Hi mate.  Without going into too much detail, no I did not end up buying it.  We were building a house and had too many balls in the air at the time to make the decision.  I similar to you have the same feelings about my 981 Boxster S.  I just don't drive it enough and it is a pain fitting in the clubs and cart.  I think I also started to see so so many Macans on the road it started to look a bit common to me so I am now in a bit of a dilemma about what to do.   House is all finished just the landscaping to complete and then car purchase may be on the agenda again soon.  The photo above does look nice though so you may have rekindled my interest again.  Damn.

Phil