help - WTB or design details on Rotisserie attachment parts - 911

Tips

looks like i just cant walk past a project 😖.

Just purchased a 1968 SWB shell that needs to go on a rotisserie to start the metal fabrication and paint.

I have purchased a generic rotisserie and rather than design and build my own attachment fittings I would first see if anyone here has some they have finished using or could assist with measurements and their experience attachment points.

@patrick911 your photos show some great detail and was hoping  you maybe able to pm me with any detailed photos or measurements of where/how you attached the shell?

@9er yours was a while ago but any learnings?  I note you had great door cavity braces, still have them and would you move them on?

I am also looking for a set of window and door braces if anyone has them as well.

really any jigs that anyone might have lying around that would help with a resto.

hit me up here or PM I am based in Sydney but can ship if need be

1 hour ago, Tips said:

Just purchased a 1968 SWB shell that needs to go on a rotisserie to start the metal fabrication and paint.

Good luck with the project!look forward to following along if you do a build thread. 

good thought JM.

As i didn't really get to do a build thread on Penelope's engine due to the car being in Adelaide and covid,  I should circle back though and do a thread on where it ended up and plans for her now she has finally made it to Sydney.

In regards to this shell, I will be documenting the restoration/build and chasing parts that PFA members may have collecting dust.   It was started as a 911R lightweight build in QLD that has stalled, so it was an opportunity for us to grab it and continue as a shop build for Atlas Autobody in Artarmon. It may continue as an R lightweight or more of the 2.0 68 racing theme depending on if its retained for the shop or sold in collaboration with a client. There is some early interest in the later so see how we go.