LHD / RHD conversion on 993

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Which car are you referring to here? Is it this one? http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/porsche-911-carrera-1994-12306568?base=1216&vertical=Car&cr=3&eapi=2&__N=1216+903+1282&num=15&silo=Stock&items=[Make:PORSCHE,Model:911%20CARRERA,Series:993]&sort=default

That 993 has been for sale for a long time. Must be something wrong with it or wrong with the seller??

This one is a HK import..... Had just arrived into Vic the day it listed. It did not have compliance at that stage (but looks like it has a full tank of petrol)??? :-P

This one is a HK import..... Had just arrived into Vic the day it listed. It did not have compliance at that stage (but looks like it has a full tank of petrol)??? :-P

I see so many cars listed for sale as 'has import approval'. Who in their right mind would buy one with just import approval? If you're going to do that, might as well go the whole hog and select something from ebay in the USA. You're still going to have the same amount of headaches, but you'd at least get to choose your car from a wide variety.

I suppose some people are buying them OS, importing with an import approval and then selling to people who perhaps aren't aware that an import approval is simply step 1 in actually getting some plates fitted.

The worst offenders are junky LHD 911s advertised in dealer lots for $20k. I suppose some young blokes get taken in by that.

That white one was had a big price jump in the 24 hrs. Was 99k yesterday, today it's over 120k.....

If I had to rebuilt the tiptronic in my car I would seriously consider a manual conversion....

C

You have got to be kidding!!!!!!!!!

We are now close to Turbo prices.

Why on Earth would you buy the white one when there is this... http://carsales.mobi...ils/?R=13334542

Madness.

How much do you discount the price?

I would not value the white car at anymore than 85k max.

the blue one would be the pick of the 2, however c4s' are more plentiful than C2S'.

Personally, the blue car is closer to 95k in value imho.

if the white one was a factory C2s manual then maybe it would be 105k max.

these prices are crazy, hope they dont need to move them quickly.

although, the manual conversion is a good thing!

Older thread and a little off topic, but we were on the subject of this car.

http://www.carsales.com.au/dealer/details/porsche-911-carrera-1997-13845530?eapi=2&base=&vertical=Car&cr=0&find=993|CarAll&__N=1216%201246%201247+1252%201282%204294963765&num=15&silo=Stock&Range=Year:1994,1998&sort=LastUpdate

Is this the same car????????????????????????????????????????????

Naughty, naughty. Price goes from $99 to $120+ and now magically back to $99 again and any mention of the conversion gone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Certainly a good explanation I'm sure?

Archived