LHD / RHD conversion on 993

You're right Theo about the black tip to manual 993S. It was advertised for very similar price to this white one and lasted on the market for less than a week.

It's rare to see manual 993S on the market. From what I have seen lowish mileage ones come on the market for the mid $120's and move within a week or two. There was a silver Melbourne 993S with 180k ish on the clock that had been resprayed and I think that was advertised in the high $80's.

I thought a tip to manual conversion costs around the $20k mark (other opinions welcome).

So how much do you discount a car for the fact tht it was not delivered a manual???? That is the $$$ question.

IMHO Doug

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That white one was had a big price jump in the 24 hrs. Was 99k yesterday, today it's over 120k.....

If I had to rebuilt the tiptronic in my car I would seriously consider a manual conversion....

C

You have got to be kidding!!!!!!!!!

We are now close to Turbo prices.

Why on Earth would you buy the white one when there is this... http://carsales.mobi/cars/details/?R=13334542

Madness.

How much do you discount the price?

I would not value the white car at anymore than 85k max.

the blue one would be the pick of the 2, however c4s' are more plentiful than C2S'.

Personally, the blue car is closer to 95k in value imho.

if the white one was a factory C2s manual then maybe it would be 105k max.

these prices are crazy, hope they dont need to move them quickly.

although, the manual conversion is a good thing!

Agree, C4Ss do appear more plentiful than C2Ss, though I do not know exact delivery numbers (anyone out there?)

I do not know why the white car has been marked up. I have seen in the property market, where there has been a LOT of interest in a property, that agents will increase the indicative price during the course of a marketing campaign. Maybe that explains the white car situation, lots of interest.

I have to say it does have low mileage, and white is a very desirable colour for 993's (IMHO). We will probs never know the selling price, but how long the car remains on the market may be indicative.

D

C4S = 35 cars

C2S = 85 cars (don't have the breakdown on Man versus tip though, do have the colour breakdown of both though)

Theo I agree, for that sort of money you can get into a 993TT, funnily enough of which there were more sold than either of the C2S or C4S.

C

C4S = 35 cars

C2S = 85 cars (don't have the breakdown on Man versus tip though, do have the colour breakdown of both though)

Theo I agree, for that sort of money you can get into a 993TT, funnily enough of which there were more sold than either of the C2S or C4S.

C

So the C4s is 'rarer' than the C2s? or are those numbers around the wrong way?

I assume that tjis is Oz delivered ones yes/no?

If the above numbers are the right way around then there must be a LOAD of C2s owners who are happy with them as I seldom see them come up for sale?

Hi Chris,

Thanks for those delivery numbers.

In my observations I have never seen a tipper C4S, but I have seen many tipper C2S advertised and very few manual C2S advertised. This may explain where there have been some converted tip/manual C2Ss.

So if you were only looking for a manual car only, then I would have thought that there would be more C4S available. Just my observations. I stand to be corrected.

Re: 993 tt. Sellers seem to be becoming more realistic with their price expectations :ph34r: And if money was not an issue I would have one in my garage any day of the week. And if money was not an issue I would get a much bigger garage :D. And I would get a 904...2.7 RS...

So the C4s is 'rarer' than the C2s? or are those numbers around the wrong way?

I assume that tjis is Oz delivered ones yes/no?

If the above numbers are the right way around then there must be a LOAD of C2s owners who are happy with them as I seldom see them come up for sale?

Numbers are the right way around for Aust delivered cars. As I say I can give you numbers of colours too. The C2S are very tightly held so it seems, especially Manuals. Always a couple of Tips for sale but never more than a few.

Doug, the C4S only came in a manual in the 993 as they hadnt quite worked out how to get the tip to work with the all wheel drive system at that stage. they got it working for the 996 though as C4S's are available in 996 as either manual or auto. And yes I agree the 993TT's seem to be more realistically priced at present. Although the way 997 TTs are dropping they will be similar prices very soon. Now that would be a dilemma. Agree re the garage, I have a lot of garage envy looking at some the guys setups....

Cheers

C

If Money were no issue I'd have a 993 RS/CS Clubsport RHD.

And a C2 Manual if money was an issue.

Thanks for the info Chris, I suspect that there may be alot more Tip C2S' than factory Manuals. Which, if that is the case then a C4S Manual would be the more 'common' (Which isn't the best use of a word!) model to look out for.

Still think the asking prices for both the white and blue one are way above where they should be........however if you start high at least you can come down.

My next one will be a 993 Manual, preferably a C2.

Thanks for the info Chris, I suspect that there may be alot more Tip C2S' than factory Manuals. Which, if that is the case then a C4S Manual would be the more 'common' (Which isn't the best use of a word!) model to look out for.

Still think the asking prices for both the white and blue one are way above where they should be........however if you start high at least you can come down.

You can always do a very easy conversion to a C4 and remove the front dif.

FD Motorsports had a Turbo they had set up as rear wheel drive only. Very quick, easy and inexpensive to do.

OK, can someone tell me if this one at $47k has something wrong? Is it just year, mileage, tip + color combo making it entry level 993?

At that sort of price it seems more desirable than a 3.2 with an extra 100k on it, even with the auto.

No worries, actually if you are after rarity the c4 like Theo's beautiful White is the way to go. Only 15 of these delivered in Australia.

C

No worries, actually if you are after rarity the c4 like Theo's beautiful White is the way to go. Only 15 of these delivered in Australia.

C

not rarity in particular, just a manual C2. I am in no hurry at the moment as I have just sold a car and need the shed space for a while! I want the last of the air-cooled 911s to match the last of the 356s that I already have.

I always stop and stare at 993's.........perfection in my opinion.......

You have got to be kidding!!!!!!!!!

We are now close to Turbo prices.

Why on Earth would you buy the white one when there is this... http://carsales.mobi...ils/?R=13334542

Madness.

I have seen this car. When I spoke to the owner he asked me what he might get for it - $75K ?

I said I'll buy it for that ! Damn.

I like the note - P Plate approved in QLD. Geez the wages there must be good ?

I have seen this car. When I spoke to the owner he asked me what he might get for it - $75K ?

I said I'll buy it for that ! Damn.

I like the note - P Plate approved in QLD. Geez the wages there must be good ?

75k, yes thats a good deal. I would have thought 80-85k.

That yellow one in San Francisco.... wow, I can't imagine buying something like that and never driving it.

I'm going to be in San Carlos in 4 weeks time. I think I should pay them a visit and get the mileage up to 1070-something ! I'd have to put my most serious buyer face on and come up with a good backstory.

OK, can someone tell me if this one at $47k has something wrong? Is it just year, mileage, tip + color combo making it entry level 993?

At that sort of price it seems more desirable than a 3.2 with an extra 100k on it, even with the auto.

Which car are you referring to here? Is it this one? http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/porsche-911-carrera-1994-12306568?base=1216&vertical=Car&cr=3&eapi=2&__N=1216+903+1282&num=15&silo=Stock&items=[Make:PORSCHE,Model:911%20CARRERA,Series:993]&sort=default

That 993 has been for sale for a long time. Must be something wrong with it or wrong with the seller??

Which car are you referring to here? Is it this one? http://www.carsales....lo=Stock&items=[Make:PORSCHE,Model:911%20CARRERA,Series:993]&sort=default

That 993 has been for sale for a long time. Must be something wrong with it or wrong with the seller??

There is a white/blue one for sale which is $47k. I did see that one in Melbourne. Always wonder when people take a photo of the car in a public place instead of their street or a local park. Seems weird to me.

Anyway, I love the color of that one. White/black would be OK too, but white/blue - not so much for me I'm afraid.

Archived