997 repair centre console scratches (rubberised)

Paul33

Hi I just picked my car up from a repairer and the centre console (rubberised) is scratched in varions places.  he had to remove it to do his work.  

Is there anyone in Aus that refinishes them or repairs gouged out rubber finish?

I notice there are quite  few in the US.

Thanks

Paul

2 hours ago, Paul33 said:

Hi I just picked my car up from a repairer and the centre console (rubberised) is scratched in varions places.  he had to remove it to do his work.  

Is there anyone in Aus that refinishes them or repairs gouged out rubber finish?

Thanks

Paul

Did the the bloke working on your car cause the damage or was it already present? If done while in some one else's care they should be fixing it . 

On 21/10/2022 at 13:42, Paul33 said:

Thanks

Paul

Like the others said take it to Bill. You won’t be disappointed and he can clean up anything else rubber , aircon switches etc 

once I saw what bill had to do take the console out (seats taken out)  on FB, you will realise it’s the labour to strip the car that adds to the cost.

if you buy from the US you still need to work out who will remove and install

Another vote for Bill - even if you're not local. Take the console out yourself/get someone to do it and send it down to him. Great guy, and knows his stuff. My centre console needs a bit of TLC too, just need to get off my bum and take it out!

2 hours ago, Taffy said:

Why not get it fully leather covered? Just make sure that they can get the correct material which is very thin so it can go around the curves etc.

What ever happened to the old rule you break it you fix it ?