Hot Rod slant nose price drop

Some interesting Views here.....

I have been a recent seller and a buyer.

Ive sold 4 x cars through the covid period and bought 2 - so 6 transactions in the last  2.5 years. Also helped at with at least 2 x P-Car transactions.

Buying: 1 was new - so non issue - the other was sight unseen (was in Melb during 1st wave - so couldn't get there). Had it shipped and was full of issues (some known - some unknown - but the price was right) that I got sorted and ended up being a tip-top little weapon. The Price is KEY.

Buying cars unseen is fraught with danger - but WARRANTY helps with that a lot. But price is a better hedge.

Selling : The "leb sled" I had for sale was just phone call after phone call of "I'll give ya 25-35% less than asking" and "I used to have one" and "I missed out on one for (insert ridiculous $$$# here) last week for less than your asking"

There are plenty that try to buy (and build cars) with Hopes and Dreams, not real $$. In the end, I pulled it down - a week later a call came and offered ABOVE asking - if it was as good as it was purported to be. It was better - sold for $5K over ask.

In the end, like ALL of the others Ive sold - the first guy that came out bought it. Full ask. Same with the F-150. Same with the Spyder.

In my experience - serious buyers DO NOT open with "Whats the lowest you'll accept?" and that question proves the different interpretation people have when they use the word "MINT"....

All of the above - is clearly my CHOICE to sell - not NEED to sell - my personal financial situation may be different to those that need (or are told) to sell by the Minister of Finance.

I'm on my final wife - she says nothing when new cars turn up un-announced and I say nothing when Andy (Auspost) or Rasheed (StarTrack) or the DHL guy (not often enough to know on a first name basis... yet!) delivers packages..... YMMV.