Hot Rod slant nose price drop

I like it , but it is a wide body SC with a Turbo motor .. is it that kinda dollars ?   its had everything sorted and now its a sorted bitsa.. what am I missing .  i honour the bloke that paid for all the repairs but does that make sense to anyone else to pay that for it?

52 minutes ago, symsy said:

I like it , but it is a wide body SC with a Turbo motor .. is it that kinda dollars ?   its had everything sorted and now its a sorted bitsa.. what am I missing .  i honour the bloke that paid for all the repairs but does that make sense to anyone else to pay that for it?

Have to be close I reckon . Looks like fun 

51 minutes ago, symsy said:

Lots of folk have paid more for less sorted hotrods, But as you say where it stand in the scale of things, My 2c worth if I had the dough it would be in the shed I really like it :)

11 hours ago, symsy said:

but couldn’t the same thing be said of a Singer ?

🤭

I saw the car and felt drawn to it.  White with red interior.  Wowza what a combo.

Sorry for me the slants would be replaced with some proper bug eyes at some point but at least it hasn't got the balsa wood slats in the rear guards.   A SC turned turbo that presents well.  What's not to like, as long as it is mechanically sorted.

I think the pricing is not far off, just needs the right person with the right cash.  Might be a long wait in this market, but should stick it out.

• 3 weeks later...

Byron , nice place for a holiday and swim at the beach, potentially a great place to take a test drive.. but having trying sold a few cars outta that location , I sense ..its gonna take a lower price and more than a plane ticket to entice people to put the time into a buy .  Maybe i take an ice cream run drive and take a look..   is anyone seriously interested or made a genuine enquiry ?   The white looks mighty fine, maybe its gonna be a white xmas for someone  

4 hours ago, blockman said:

why do people think putting the price up is a good idea??? unless you are completely inundated with interest and even then.... the car market in is not trending up at the moment...

The hipsters have arrived in Byron for their holidays 

Nah - its the tyre kickers (low ballers) who automatically think there is 20% to move in every car......?? @symsy

If I really want say $130K and advertise it at $140K - and everyone offers me $120K then i'll up it to $160K and take the $130K?

Maybe ?

Or - just hold fast sailor - the right person will come....?

Or - i know what I've got etc etc..... and every time someone calls i'll increase it $20K??

On 22/12/2022 at 15:24, on_booost said:

Nah - its the tyre kickers (low ballers) who automatically think there is 20% to move in every car......?? @symsy

If I really want say $130K and advertise it at $140K - and everyone offers me $120K then i'll up it to $160K and take the $130K?

Maybe ?

Or - just hold fast sailor - the right person will come....?

Or - i know what I've got etc etc..... and every time someone calls i'll increase it $20K??

Exactly as we described in our chat..  I think there has to be a little haggle room , its sport..   The beat them down approach isnt a favourite outlook , I personally like to be met with I can fix it attitude or take it off the price if its a fair PPI for example .  This car seems to have lots of buck piled in .. 

I think its just that people taste blood in the financial waters .. and we have seen such amped pricing for some time .. its hard to gauge 

If im not aligned in general on market I wouldn't offer 20% less , but I would start there and see the response .. no offence in asking, iF i personally offer it because i see it as a good car but have a price threshold.  

Funky times out there , im still loving the white.. I guess overall the fizz is out of the market unless you got something very very special . that outweighs price and people pay over the odds.   Time on market will tell .. its a cool looking AC car if you wanted one ..hard to fault its presentation 

In my experience the majority of people want to make an offer (usually a stupid one) before they’ve even seen the car. Sellers expect a conversation regarding the price and buyers are entitled to make a realistic offer but they should at least go and see the car first to confirm that they are prepared to buy it.

When I went to see my car I was planning on offering $5,000 to $10,000 less for it but once I got there it was obvious it was worth a lot more than the asking price so I didn’t risk missing it.

2 hours ago, Yeatesy said:

In my experience the majority of people want to make an offer (usually a stupid one) before they’ve even seen the car. Sellers expect a conversation regarding the price and buyers are entitled to make a realistic offer but they should at least go and see the car first to confirm that they are prepared to buy it.

When I went to see my car I was planning on offering $5,000 to $10,000 less for it but once I got there it was obvious it was worth a lot more than the asking price so I didn’t risk missing it.

Don't disregard offers without a viewing. I bought my last three cars sight unseen.

1 hour ago, Boosh said:

Don't disregard offers without a viewing. I bought my last three cars sight unseen.

+1.    Also never sat in the model let alone sat behind the wheel. .  ( don't categorise a passenger in a 996 gt2 is the same as  setting foot in 996 turbo) .  Was recenty on the cusp of having brought my 4th in a row without setting foot in one. However was trawling through  the invoices of work done on the car over the last 4 years. Very annoyed when I came across WTF is a replacement left hand side paddle shifter got to do with an advertised 6 speed manual.

2 hours ago, smit2100 said:

+1.    Also never sat in the model let alone sat behind the wheel. .  ( don't categorise a passenger in a 996 gt2 is the same as  setting foot in 996 turbo) .  Was recenty on the cusp of having brought my 4th in a row without setting foot in one. However was trawling through  the invoices of work done on the car over the last 4 years. Very annoyed when I came across WTF is a replacement left hand side paddle shifter got to do with an advertised 6 speed manual.

The number of morons who place ads stating a manual, because they think 'paddle shift' counts as manual... If only stupidity was painful ;)

5 hours ago, MFX said:

The number of morons who place ads stating a manual, because they think 'paddle shift' counts as manual... If only stupidity was painful ;)

Plus very diligent with the photo's , eg none or very strategic in my case as the one provided did not  clearly show the full shifter setup from above.   In my case they factually stated clutch replaced recently as well. Plus the same alumium shifter is used on the manual and the R-tronic and the shifter surround is basically the same as well.    Only after finding the paddle shifter in the invoice, I super super super  zoomed on the pic of the shifter in the carsales ad  ( was taken looking up and  from the side ) I could make out a R for reverse at the base of shifter surround.  Hmm. Then did the google forensics on the Vin and jagged some details of the build and found  the tranny code just to make sure.   Bugger that ain't no gated 6 speed code with a third peddle.  Plus  there wasn't enough parts listed in the invoices I had access to  have done a manual conversion when the clutch was replaced.   Politely rang the owner back for  confirmation  and he said, yeah year it's a r-tronic.  I politely left out expletives that I really wanted to say when I recommended perhaps best to  remove all references to manual in the ad.   Spewing as been on the hunt for a while as it  ticked virtually every single box on my ideal wish  list except higher km's and no black factory exhaust tips ( even had a blower on it  which the owner couldn't even confirm the kit maker - current version going for circa 25k in the wrong currency to get it off the shelf before boxing it all up.  It just didn't tick the #1 non negotiable box. The upside was I was able to confirm all the rhd  maintenance part numbers from audi dealer invoices.  From suspension parts  to clutch kit to all the  usual minor and major service part numbers.  When it came to servicing, dollars spent weren't a concern. Eye watering.  Eg two shocks cost more than what a full ohlins coilover kit would cost. Doesnt help when the next audi dealer is  within at least 3 full tanks of petrol and lack of  a local indy shop that you would trust to open the rear trunk.