• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wish I'd bought the 3" version of the M&K exhaust. I didn't realise it was an option. The 2.5" looks too small on my fat ass car. Anyway, I can confirm that the M&K 1/1 and the 1/2 sound excellent. Paul inspired me to get the 1/2 which I bought with the cap to convert it to 1/1 if I like. Let's just say it's never too cold to drive around with the windows down :) Having said that, I can't say I'm overly impressed with the fitment. There are no brackets on the muffler so you have to modify the mounts to get it to sit properly. The left outlet is no where near centred in the opening of the bumper. Brian at M&K swears I need to loosen the cat at the HE end and move the whole thing across as all the pipes will have warped over time. The right side outlet is nothing more than a 90 degree bend so no matter how hard you try, it will never look like the left side. From behind the car it all looks fine and symmetrical so you have to be looking for the differences to know it's there. It's a small annoyance for a great sound.

Simon, get a 3' inch tip welded on...

I recently picked up an M&K 1 in 1 out off EBay and it fits perfectly! I fitted it myself and took the rear bumper off to make it easier, I also have a bursch cat bypass (87 emissions requirement). Sounds awesome, very loud when cold gets a bit quieter once car is fully at temperature...drones a little bit love it...exactly what the car needed. spewing I didn't order a Steve Wong chip when the exchange rate was more favourable.

Autohaus did a bit of a clearance and put a heap of mufflers on eBay at once, I was quite lucky only slightly used and got it real cheap, I was surprised because I have been outbid on a couple of other systems in the past..would have been happy with a Monty or a Dansk but the M&K is great, very light and when you see it neat to the OEM muffler you realise how small it is.

I've got a SW chip arriving in the next week or so. So when that comes, it'll be installed before the 3" M&K arrives (should be great to see if there is a difference between my current muffler and the M&K one). I went for the 3" cause a 2.5" would look small on a turbo body Carrera. Should sound great with a M&K cat bypass with a  1 in 1 M&K 3"

Archived