Good stuff Jim. looking forward to hearing your nicely rebuilt engine with the mongrel exhaust also.

Why is it the older we get (well me anyway) the noisier we want to be. I thought it should be the other way around.

Thanks for the comments also from above....

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good stuff Jim. looking forward to hearing your nicely rebuilt engine with the mongrel exhaust also.Why is it the older we get (well me anyway) the noisier we want to be. I thought it should be the other way around.Thanks for the comments also from above....

Funny you mentioned that, when l was younger any loud

sounds used to really bug me but now l crave it.

Yours sound awsome even at idle, mine is a bit quieter at

idle but really opens up after about 2500rpm.

Jim

For me it has nothing to do with wanting loud, it is more that I want a great note and the only decent sounding exhausts happen to be louder, so can cop loud if is with a great sound, but other wise would prefer quieter

I'm with you Bruce (notice first name), if I could get the right note without the volume I would be all over that exhaust.

th_fisterezhaust.jpg

Yahoo, I think I have mastered getting a movie up...

This is showing the car with the old exhaust on (factory exhaust)

Then the second part showing no exhaust whatsover.... Excuse the lack of editing.

For the final noise you will have to go back to Tmans clip above.

Might be a bit of buffering on it, not sure how to fix that.

Yahoo, I think I have mastered getting a movie up...

This is showing the car with the old exhaust on (factory exhaust)

Then the second part showing no exhaust whatsover.... Excuse the lack of editing.

For the final noise you will have to go back to Tmans clip above.

Might be a bit of buffering on it, not sure how to fix that.

Not happening Niko.

Video is all good now Niko.

The factory exhaust sounds like my electric drill.

More like my Mum's sewing machine :D

Well done Niko. The goofy grin says it all. There's nothing more fun than boys getting together and making a whole lot of noise.

Yeah, don't know if it was worth all the hassle to get up on the forum, but at least I now know to use YouTube, much easier..

It was a great boys day, actually, lots of laughs, very enjoyable company and we even got some work done.

Yeh YouTube works!

I dunno starting up w no exhaust on, such a blokes thing to do. I remember my brother starting Dads big block exhaust less, well actually it was fully built on an engine stand ready to go in his Customline! Now that was loud!

Archived