GOPRO TEST RUN

https://www.youtube.com/my_videos_edit?feature=vm-privacy&video_id=MToGEmypIso&

Just a quick run around the block to check out the GOPRO borrowed from Amanda for tomorrows run. It is mounted outside on the windscreen, and is enclosed in the waterproff case. But getting lots of wind turbulance noise coming through, any ideas???? I am having trouble mounting it inside the car on the windscreen and there aint many other places to put it..

Only way to get good audio on the Gopro is an external Mic but it does help to put some small bits of foam in between the case and the camera. That will stop some very irritating rattle sounds on the audio.

Why are you having trouble mounting to the windscreen? If its a Hero 2 or 3 it can be mounted upside down, there is a setting in the camera to flip the image. I would also suggest mounting it to the passenger window (on the inside) pointing towards you while your driving, that wide lens will get you and the view out the windscreen.

Also cant watch your video, your URL is incorrect. Open the vid on yourtube and click the share button underneath, that will give you the correct URL to post.

Okey dokey, thanks NJ and Cyber, for that I wasn't aware of the upside down mode. That could solve the problems, I will check it out tonight see if I can work it out. Otherwise the clarity is excellent, and I am very impressed with them.

Thanks boys.

What about the roll bar mount? I presume that you are top up not down so you could mount it on the passenger roll bar looking out the front of the car? I have a Hero3 Black and that was my plan for mounting if I ever do anything that I would want to be recorded. Suction cup on the inside windscreen would be ok but I think getting the gear changes etc would maybe be good also? Plus you would hear the engine from inside the car

Archived