Can a rear engine Porsche win the P.C.N.S.W. Club Champs again?

333pg333

Lol...just had to throw it out there. See what comes back. 

In truth it does seem a pretty hard task with the front engine water pumpers dominating for much of the last 8 years from memory. Not sure how many contestants are on this forum but would like to see a bit of trash talking before the Sprints start for this year.  :D

Not since the days of mid year rules changes have we seen the 6 pots in with a chance. C'mon boys, it's time you beat up on those damn glorified Audis!!!

Yes, you guys have some very solid rear engine cars/drivers down there. Also I don't think you have the Motokhana style events which go towards the overall Club Champs up here. The fastest cars on the track up here are still rear engine ones but they're full on trailer cars like Richard Perini's 996 RSR with a new 4L motor in it. Or there's any one of Bruce Hibbard's great cars. Currently a 997 Cup S...but Sean Buchanan has been leading the way in the front engine cars and he's not a million miles behind them in his daily driver 1986 951. Hopefully there's a few more additions to assist him this season. 

Hey Patrick,  "That's what I'm Talking about"

Great to have our cars still showing how it's done. Yes we have them count,my standard daily driver 944S2 has had Motokhana 3rd and two 4th OUTRIGHT.

I have seen a top competitor after a motokhana run step out of his car and punch a road sign because he didn't do as well as he thought he should have. They are that serious down here !

My 968RS won't be aimed at top competition but I know it will put a lot of cars in the rear view mirror.

Any info on cars similar to Sean's that will be running ?

Cheers,Mark.

Hey Mark

So Motokhanas also go into the mix to decide your overall Club Champion? I didn't know that. They're actually quite difficult even though we often don't get out of 1st gear. That would surprise many but it's actually pretty technical and the penalty points are brutal. Too much I think but it's the same for everyone. I wouldn't mind doing a bigger track more like the U.S. Auto-X. Reckon they'd be more advantageous to the turbo boys. 

As far as similar cars to Sean's there's Nik Prieston's white 3L 16v turbo which is a sort of hybrid road/club car. Mark Bloxham has a more track oriented Blue 2.5L 8v turbo that Sean also built. There's another guy called Rod Pobestek who has a white 3L 8v in his daily driver '89 951. I believe someone has joined the club with a 968RS turbo too, but I haven't seen it. Then there will be my car which will be a dedicated racecar. My aim is to challenge the fastest guys in the club but I'll also be on R spec rubber which will be a bit slower. I will be using this to maximise my testing time on the 295 x 18" AO50 Yokos which are now the control tyre for SuperLap in October. Maybe next year I will move up to wider slicks. 

slide_Rob_Scheeren_Porsche_SS2_220912_03

slide__MG_9909_zps2912cba0.jpg

Nik16V030_zps6edf760a.jpg

slide_Rob_Scheeren_Porsche_SS4_011212_10

slide_IMG_6178_zps828a9de7.jpg

Not to forget Mark Croudace in his very nice 968CS which has had a fair bit of time and $ thrown at it too. Mark C is our current club champion. He has recently picked up a 996 GT2 which has been breathed on also!! 

slide_IMG_3593_zpsdf7d9a9c.jpg

Thanks Patrick,

Good to see their a few,more than down here. Could you put names to the cars shown below yours send a PM if you think that would be better.

Will keep an eye on club results.

Cheers, Mark.

None are of my car. They appear in order that they did in my post. So 2 x Sean's, then Nik's, Mark B's followed by Rod's. Mark C's below that. 

I check out your results quite regularly. I like to keep sort of up to date on various race, club and drive day results. I see that people like Peter Fitzgerald and Rusty French are often at the head of the field. Be good to see your upcoming beasty in the mix! 

Any more news on that 'special import' from the U.S.? I was speaking with Zoran who is continuing on his very custom 968 turbo. The good thing about that build is that there will be some new body molds available that will be top notch. 

Not to forget Mark Croudace in his very nice 968CS which has had a fair bit of time and $ thrown at it too. Mark C is our current club champion. He has recently picked up a 996 GT2 which has been breathed on also!! 

slide_IMG_3593_zpsdf7d9a9c.jpg

Patrick, is the 996 GT2 the black one ?

And thanks for the pics.  :)

I’m guessing that the supercharged 3L twin cam is Eric’s up in QLD? I’ve seen some
in car video of his on the track. It looks pretty quick but I’m also fairly
certain that he’s not running a balls out system at the moment. Pulley wheel
sizes and compression ratio’s will have a big effect on S/C’d cars.

There’s another Supercharged 3L 16vcar in QLD which is not road registered but there
wouldn’t be too many 911’s faster than that one. Owner is Steve who raced it in
Dubai before bringing it back to QLD. Looks great too. I’ll post some pics of
that car when I get home.

I’m guessing that the supercharged 3L twin cam is Eric’s up in QLD? I’ve seen some

in car video of his on the track. It looks pretty quick but I’m also fairly

certain that he’s not running a balls out system at the moment. Pulley wheel

sizes and compression ratio’s will have a big effect on S/C’d cars.

There’s another Supercharged 3L 16vcar in QLD which is not road registered but there

wouldn’t be too many 911’s faster than that one. Owner is Steve who raced it in

Dubai before bringing it back to QLD. Looks great too. I’ll post some pics of

that car when I get home.

that's the one, it's not balls out but very quick in it's class. i think 210kw (can't remember if at the engine or wheels) very nice bump over stock power

there is a wild looking one that had a ding at lakeside, not sure what it runs but looks like that white one above

8457968428_a4ea850434_b.jpg

Just heard from Steve. Cold/damp track with old slicks and pushing a bit too hard. Hopefully cosmetic only. 

Can't wait to get back out there again myself. Just have to accept that the faster we go, the more likely damage can occur. 

Archived