Nürburgring - Nordschleife - 4:40secs!

Kerry

and 964 bumpers for the 3.3 turbo, chuck on the race suspension and you have independent rear too! I think all the optional parts cover most 911's visually. Then you go and do something that wold make most of the air cooled guys cringe, throw in a 997 Turbo motor! :o

Full List.......mind you this is an expansion pack and does cost you. If your friend is currently setup for GT5 switching to Forza is expensive. Xbox360 consoles are now getting pretty cheap but unless he owns a Fanatec 911 GT2 or CSR wheel setup it gets expensive. Most wheel and pedal sets do not work with both the PS3 and Xbox except these two wheels. I doubt you guys would want to go back to a controller! :o

I was so upset they got forza 4 so right, as I had original Forza/xbox set up and was because of that being ordinary back then, I went with a PS3 and GT5 and not xbox and Forza. I now think Forza 4 is much better than GT5 but after setting up an expensive wheel and adding cost of console, games, etc, I just can't justify the spend on switching. Especially since I have a real life dream car at my disposal and could put that money into her lol 

It would be trivial to spend a small fortune so you could have some virtual Porsches to play with when you have the real thing in the garage. Mind you the way things are looking right now I may never get to drive the Ring in real life so at least its good for something :D

Have any of you GT5 guys gotten into the Arcade races? I've been having some brilliant races with various formats. Much better than the Career mode and seasonals and much better than battling with a bunch of muppets online. The only part I enjoy more than arcade is doing spec races with some friends online.

Here's a sample of an arcade race I did last night for anyone bored enough to watch. 2 laps of La Sarthe, this is the 2nd lap battling for 6th place. I'm in a 500pp BTR (with major weight and suspension mods) with sports hard tyres. If I use my imagination, I can pretend it's my real car.:)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yzw54KIwS_g

• 3 months later...

OK, so now that I've got your attention....

A couple of nights ago my bestie Tony txt me to say he'd just spent $US16,000,000 and bought the Red Bull ifyouhadanunlimitedbudgetandnoFIArestrictions,whatwould/couldyoubuild? car, or more accurately: bullet!

"Oh, and by the way, I just did a 4.45s lap!!!"

What could I do other than woof down my dinner, and arc up a Pcar for a speedy journey...

Firstly, a few disclaimers:

1. This was only my 2nd lap, in what has turned out to be this alternate universe craft.

2. I could only complete 3 laps because the forced feedback in the cockpit was so intense, and my feeble little arms and hands couldn't hack it after that! Not to mention what this mammoth intake of information did for my equally feeble brain! (I know, Red Bull aren't going to be calling me to replace the other old man!)

3. Inebriation - somewhat, and growing between laps, paralleled by increased use of expletives...

4. My driving/gear changing etc is very shabby, and I had at least three fatal accidents such that my lap was "invalidated" very early. "Holding a tiger by the tail" doesn't really come close to describing it... it was practically happening as fast as I could anticipate it!

5. You might think you know this track, but as T said, you need to be thinking about the third corner in front of you... and clean your glasses thoroughly!

6. This was videoed directly by my iphone of the TV so no quips about the quality.

But, outside all these excuses...

4.40secs around the Ring!    Boo-Yar!

and btw... its in MPH, not KPH!

(click on the 4 arrow expander on the toolbar below to see full screen)

https://vimeo.com/62751450

FYI: I did a 4.38s on the third lap but my post lap debrief and recovery forced me to retreat outside for a smoke and cider, and I forgot to save it. 

I reckon if/when I can get around without stacks, a low 4's time is totally on the cards... gotta get back to the gym first though, and some better glasses! LOL!

What I learned in three laps was: if you can point it at the middle of the road, it will go around any corner, at almost any speed!

All you need is, the force.  

Old Jedi Kez.   ^_^

PUSSY!!!

Archived