997.2 GTS question re centrelock wheels and spare tyre

911virgin

hi all

anyone tell me what is the spare tyre for this car?  a space saver?

also if you get a flat tyre, do you need the special tool to unlock the centrelock wheel to remove the flat tyre?

also does this car have an auxillary input for an MP3 player?

thanks for any advices!!

I have a 997.2 GTS but with std bolt configuration and there was no spare, i would say the centre lock is the same. I carry a 986 spacesaver and wheel spacer to get out of trouble. The bottle of glue that comes with the car is useless if a 10mm bolt punchers the tyre

Just something to be aware of if you blow a rear tyre, the space saver is not recommended to be put on the back an you are meant to jack up the front and put the space saver on the front and the front wheel onto the back.

Plus the rear tyre will not fit in the frunk so you need to put it on the passenger seat or fold the rear seat backs down and put it on the flat surface held in place by seatbelt.

I have to admit that when I last blew a rear tyre, I called a truck.

3 minutes ago, Carrera28 said:

Just something to be aware of if you blow a rear tyre, the space saver is not recommended to be put on the back an you are meant to jack up the front and put the space saver on the front and the front wheel onto the back.

Plus the rear tyre will not fit in the frunk so you need to put it on the passenger seat or fold the rear seat backs down and put it on the flat surface held in place by seatbelt.

I have to admit that when I last blew a rear tyre, I called a truck.

i think i would be doing that too!

You would be calling a tow truck.

The centrelock nut needs to be undone with a 3/4 inch breaker bar and a 3/4 inch torque wrench required to torque to 600NM. Not something you carry around and do on the side of the road.

11 hours ago, vl gra said:

You would be calling a tow truck.

The centrelock nut needs to be undone with a 3/4 inch breaker bar and a 3/4 inch torque wrench required to torque to 600NM. Not something you carry around and do on the side of the road.

That's exactly right, I spoke with a PCA person who said you need this special one metre long bar to apply the 600 Newton metres of pressure required to unlock the centrelock after opening it with the " key". PCA also recommended towing the car.

I don’t bother if not going too far, but I do carry the tools with me when on long trips as a puncture that could be plugged wouldn’t be able to be done without them, the breaker bar is telescopic and fits in the frunk

FYI, the key is the centrelock socket  that is in your frunk 

The breaker bar comes with the kit?

12 hours ago, StevepGT3 said:

I don’t bother if not going too far, but I do carry the tools with me when on long trips as a puncture that could be plugged wouldn’t be able to be done without them, the breaker bar is telescopic and fits in the frunk

FYI, the key is the centrelock socket  that is in your frunk 

40 minutes ago, 911virgin said:

I believe the Precision instruments kit can be had with or without the breaker bar, I got mine without and got their BB separately