LED Taillights for my 2001 996 C2 narrow body

Shane911

I recently had someone smash one of my rear taillights on my 996, a genuine replacement from Porsche is $1,193, but I have been looking online at aftermarket LED taillights for my 996 and they look quite good and I can get a set of LED Taillights for less than it will cost me to just get one genuine taillight.  I am after other owners thoughts and experience, they look to be a good fit and don't seem to through up any warning or errors.   I typically like to keep my car original but the LEDs look good.  I am thinking of the Depo lights or maybe the Del ray lights, the del ray replace the reversing light with a Led and also the Fog light with a LED but the Depo seem to use an incandescent for the reversing light and can't see if they cater for a fog light at all.  Opinions would be appreciated

On 15/04/2023 at 19:16, Shane911 said:

I recently had someone smash one of my rear taillights on my 996, a genuine replacement from Porsche is $1,193, but I have been looking online at aftermarket LED taillights for my 996 and they look quite good and I can get a set of LED Taillights for less than it will cost me to just get one genuine taillight.  I am after other owners thoughts and experience, they look to be a good fit and don't seem to through up any warning or errors.   I typically like to keep my car original but the LEDs look good.  I am thinking of the Depo lights or maybe the Del ray lights, the del ray replace the reversing light with a Led and also the Fog light with a LED but the Depo seem to use an incandescent for the reversing light and can't see if they cater for a fog light at all.  Opinions would be appreciated

Set of em on FB market place - 1k OEM 

I've got a set of the LED tail lights on mine while I track down replacements to refurbish them. Agreed not the best looking but they do work and are brighter than stock.

My originals had the usual issues, cracked mounts and deteriorating wiring. Only issues with the LED (aside from the polarising looks) is one seems to leak a little and had some condensation in it.