Need a replacemetn AOS

Pagey

My 987.2 has done 105k so i changed my spark plugs today and decided to check the hoses on the AOS for oil. There is a thin film of oil at both ends of the hose, also the cars smokes a little on start up,

Given the oil in the hoses I assume i need to replace the AOS?

Where is the best place to buy one?

Get part number and:

i) Call your dealer; 

ii) Check Ebay (searching via part number can get surprisingly good prices from US and UK dealers); then try

iii) https://www.porschepartsbyjeff.com/

That should give you a pretty broad coverage in a short period to baseline price and pick the combination of cheap and reliable seller you are comfortable with.

• 2 weeks later...
On 22/04/2023 at 14:52, Pagey said:

My 987.2 has done 105k so i changed my spark plugs today and decided to check the hoses on the AOS for oil. There is a thin film of oil at both ends of the hose, also the cars smokes a little on start up,

I had mine done on last service by Porsche mech. they have done them a trillion times as some hoses and fittings can be tricky plus they have stock.

That's just me though after I read a few reviews and nightmares where people tried to do their own and broke fittings.

• 4 weeks later...

AOS for the 987.1 was only $165 direct from Porsche Centre Melbourne.  I bought one only a couple of months ago to replace mine.  Cheapest I'd found anywhere else was over $200 or so.  MAF sensors and housings on the other hand, don't bother with Porsche as they want $1500 for one of those.  ended up getting that from Rockauto in the US for $329 delivered,

• 2 weeks later...
On 22/04/2023 at 14:52, Pagey said:

Get your Porsche mech to replace imho, they know the tricks, some parts are brittle and its pretty tricky. I did mine as precaution plus oil service cost $700.