981 Boxster For Sale - Any Info?

mmm

Hi All,

Hope everyone is well. 

Just wondering if anyone has any insights on this Boxster: https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2012-porsche-boxster-981-manual/SSE-AD-7384227/?Cr=14

It has been for sale for almost 2 years and has sat at the $60k mark pretty much the whole time. 

On face value it seems to be a good deal, 1 owner, full Porsche service history etc. But, the fact it hasn't moved would suggest all is not ok. 

If anyone has viewed this car or knows anything about it then I'd be keen to hear your thoughts. 

Many thanks

10 hours ago, Troubleshooter said:

Imo, aside from not knowing if its a rwo, It's the excessive high k's and the location. Hard for a ppi in that region. needs to be bargain bottom at 55k advertised to get a sale ...

Looks to be well kept by the pics, But as you say PPI is essential. 

Seems to be a very base 2.7 model with no options ticked (except 19" wheels) including no sport chrono. Photo of instruments indicates Feb 2023 photo so it has been there a while. If interested look closely at service history and what major service may be due.

On 25/07/2023 at 21:04, Troubleshooter said:

Imo, aside from not knowing if its a rwo, It's the excessive high k's and the location. Hard for a ppi in that region. needs to be bargain bottom at 55k advertised to get a sale ...

That's a good point Troubleshooter, its a tricky place to view and check the car. Given how long its been up, it seems the bargain hasn't been reached yet

On 26/07/2023 at 08:34, 42 South said:

Seems to be a very base 2.7 model with no options ticked (except 19" wheels) including no sport chrono. Photo of instruments indicates Feb 2023 photo so it has been there a while. If interested look closely at service history and what major service may be due.

Thanks 42, definitely would need to look into the documents. From what I've heard, the 2.7 is actually a very reliable engine with no known major issues. 

3 hours ago, mmm said:

Thanks 42, definitely would need to look into the documents. From what I've heard, the 2.7 is actually a very reliable engine with no known major issues. 

Love our base 2013 981.  Subjectively it seems to have more / or more usable power than our 987 S had for every day driving  (it is wife's everyday car).  I tend not to bother with Sports / Sports Plus as I have a 996.1 Carrera for thrashing (and previously had a 996.1 GT3).

On 28/07/2023 at 21:27, TwoHeadsTas said:

Love our base 2013 981.  Subjectively it seems to have more / or more usable power than our 987 S had for every day driving  (it is wife's everyday car).  I tend not to bother with Sports / Sports Plus as I have a 996.1 Carrera for thrashing (and previously had a 996.1 GT3).

That's great news THT, thanks for that. I've got that impression from those in the know that the 2.7 is good fun to actually rev out on the road, whereas the 3.4 can get a bit speedy