Collecting Cars doing Classifieds soon

Got this news in my inbox today - https://collectingcars.com/classifieds-by-collecting-cars.

Will be interesting to see if they can give Carsales a run for their money, at least in 'interesting cars' market ...

I thought the smartest bit is this:

A Classified listing will be live for just 30 days and could be ideal for someone who is in no hurry to sell, or for a vehicle that needs more time to find the right buyer.

Someone in another thread pointed out a couple weeks ago that the trouble with Carsales model is you pay once and can let it sit there with no penalty for clogging it up with yet another "I know what I've got, no offers" listing that is absolutely miles off what anyone will pay for it ...

Might be enough to make Collecting Cars the place to search for good cars that are actually for sale, leaving Carsales as the museum of unrealistic prices, which seems to be 90% of it for the last 12 months ...

1 hour ago, Yellowbird said:

It sounds good, it will be interesting to see what the cost is in comparison to carsales which has increased a lot over the years.

Yeah, I haven’t sold on there for a few years, I was shocked when a friend used it a month ago and told me the price… You’d think they’ll start pretty cheap to get interest, but who knows…

6 minutes ago, Spets87 said:

Easy for carsales to pivot so would be interesting to see how the respond having so much market share.

I wonder if they even care given the volume of the kind of cars CC is targeting is probably a tiny percentage of what flows through Carsales overall? The fact they're explicitly not going after dealers helps too ...

10 hours ago, JWM said:

I wonder if they even care given the volume of the kind of cars CC is targeting is probably a tiny percentage of what flows through Carsales overall? The fact they're explicitly not going after dealers helps too ...

I would have to think, if Collecting Cars retains the commission model, it would be hard for car sales to ignore .... but then the question for the enthusiast market is going to be what value can car sales bring? Collecting Cars is well positioned amongst the enthusiast base, car sales is quite the opposite!