We 3D printed 996.2 cup splitter

michel

57AB8CA7-1566-40D6-BBF4-044F7A6B29E9.thumb.jpeg.0dc9bb3183f738b0ff9fcc2684a7f52a.jpegWith a cpl mates continue too play with the material & technical capability offered through 3D printing 

Needed a cup splitter replaced after my new OEM, came away within an hour of driving  - shameless and the culprit too remain nameless 

so printed one. The custom build 600mm cubed printer allows alot more scope

The test print is in TPU -  flexible ,resilient  abrasion and chemical resistant . The printer is having another print head added allowing for combining  multiple print materials within the design

the next test  will have this  , too add into the print areas of  stiffness and rigidity  too engance the performance and material properties of yhd finished part

basically a lip/splitter thats fit for purpose 

59301F7E-70E7-4A5C-A5E7-EED8F4411FFA.jpeg

8 hours ago, Joz said:

Will be interesting to see how durable the material is. I’m very reluctant to keep replacing my 996tt splitter.

TPU ,  highly durable as can be some of tbe ASA ABS etc as long as material is well matched to part/use

everything including OEM has a limit and use by date  

however the lip splitter a part , that gets lunched regularly , so put aside your babied $$$ OEM and run bout with lesser rep , though no less in function .

Good for track rats  . and road oriented drivers 

Not for wash and wax queens