Who's ordered a 992? Wait times & allocations

AV89

Hi guys,

I placed my order back in April for a Carrera GTS. Just thought I'd see who else is waiting for a 911 (any model)?

If you have an allocation, how long did it take? If you've had to your car delivered, how long was the total wait time?

If you've received your car, feel free to post any pics 😊

AV

• 1 month later...

I ordered a 992 GTS from PCSS in April 2022, now arriving in mid-Feb 2024. I was originally told Nov 2023, then early 2024, then mid-2024. After the last price rise in May 2023, I was told 30% of those who had a GTS on order had decided not to proceed (I don't know how many that amounted to). I took a 12.5% price increase. Spec was locked in August 2023 for a November 2023 build allocation.

@AV89 how long have you been told the wait will be?

Can’t help with lead times but I can confirm they are a very very good thing.  I bought a 992 GTS demo from Brighton December 2022 and sold it about August 2023 when my GT4RS arrived.   The interior was a big step on from 991 generation and it was a very impressive car on road and track.  Enjoy when it arrives 👌🏻

IMG_1350.jpeg

69214801886__DDB7DAF8-C7F5-4988-8715-EA5082C1146D.jpeg

IMG_3794.jpeg

IMG_3792.jpeg

Typically, for the moment, car spec is locked 3 months before the production date. It's then approximately 3 months after the car is built that it is received (2 months to ship and then PDI, customs etc)...

@G-BOAD if your allocation was for November 23 and the car is showing completely, you should definitely receive it in February 24. Your dealer will be able to tell you what ship it is on. You can track that ship in realtime online if you like. Once in port, allow 2-4 weeks typically... 

The Porsche app was pretty useless, showed the ship going via Mediterranean and Red Sea when in fact I tracked the ship (with my 4RS on board) down west coast of Africa.  Shipping app was pretty accurate albeit it went “dark” for some time between South Africa and WA.  When the ship docked in Melbourne, Porsche gave me updates and allowed me to go out to their holding yard in Essendon to unwrap the car then some days later it was delivered to me via Brighton showroom.  A pretty cool and memorable experience all round,

On 07/01/2024 at 20:03, 911rox said:

Typically, for the moment, car spec is locked 3 months before the production date. It's then approximately 3 months after the car is built that it is received (2 months to ship and then PDI, customs etc)...

@G-BOAD if your allocation was for November 23 and the car is showing completely, you should definitely receive it in February 24. Your dealer will be able to tell you what ship it is on. You can track that ship in realtime online if you like. Once in port, allow 2-4 weeks typically... 

@911rox Thanks for info. We've been doing as you say. It's on the Hoegh Trigger. We searched via VIN. Apparently in the middle of the Indian Ocean and due in Melbourne in 9 days...

3 hours ago, G-BOAD said:

@911rox Thanks for info. We've been doing as you say. It's on the Hoegh Trigger. We searched via VIN. Apparently in the middle of the Indian Ocean and due in Melbourne in 9 days...

Be prepared, the ship my car was on sat out in the Bay off the port of Melbourne for about 3 weeks (August 2023) before finally pulling in and unloading.  You could see it sitting out there, very frustrating.  

I was literally refreshing the ship tracker every day expecting it to hit the port immediately after steaming up the Bay.  Only for it to park up and sit idle for 3 weeks - congestion in the port.

6 hours ago, G-BOAD said:

No worries 👍

I'd say you're on track for a mid to late February delivery worst case scenario so all good 😊

There were definitely some crazy port delays last year as suggested by DJM. I was caught up in those with my daily drive but I believe that situation is somewhat improved. I have my fingers crossed for you mate, good luck 😊

I’ve got a car on Hoegh Trigger also. 
I’m tracking it via Ship Atlas app. Hoping for a speedy port experience. 
May Allocation,  July freeze, Sept build, 2 months on dock, December 1 shipped. Due to Melbourne in 8 days……