2003 996 Turbo - Ordering parts online

Hi All,

Seeking some assistance from those with some experience in ordering in parts for their vehicle.  

I was suggested to look at Pelican parts, but if anyone has any other suggestions happy to take a look.

1. When I purchased the vehicle, there was damage at the very front lower point of vehicle (attached photo with red mark up for location). I was told you can order this part (although not sprayed so we just be black), and that it is fairly easy to replace. Does anyone know what I need to order for this replacement, and is it easy enough for me (not much experience working on cars) to change over?

2. The rear brake light rubber seal is deteriorating and needs replacing. I was advised the entire brake light needs replacing? Is this correct? If so can I order this part from this website, and would I have any chance to chnage over myself successful?

3. Although not in the vehicle now, I did also get the original turbo twists, but missing the centre caps. On pelicans there are multiple options on logos. I like the idea of having what the car originally came with. Based on a 2003 996 Turbo, would anyone know most likely centre cap that would have been  on those wheels?

thanks in advanced

IMG_6154.jpeg

IMG_6155.png

My issues exactly, but my front lip gets scraped on virtually every exit from our rear lane onto the road. At this time it’s held together by gaffa tape, at this point have no plans to replace it cos it’ll only last a few months before it’s shredded again.

My rear spoiler light has similar issues.

The twists come with a turbo logo.

But I’ll follow your progress for when I need to do the same.

My advice is; If possible,

1) Keep all your orders under $1000 Aus (including shipping cost) and you will pay no GST or import duty .......

2) Obtain some local prices, e.g I have found Porsche Centre Melbourne spare parts department are very competetive for OEM parts pricing,

3) All the major O/S Porsche part sellers have American public holiday and coupon specials on a regular basis, worth keeping an eye out for these offers, and

4) I have used Design911 & Pelican Parts for OEM parts, service and quality have been good.

5 hours ago, GTP911 said:

1) Keep all your orders under $1000 Aus (including shipping cost) and you will pay no GST or import duty .......

2) Obtain some local prices, e.g I have found Porsche Centre Melbourne spare parts department are very competetive for OEM parts pricing,

Don't forget James at the Autohaus.

On 22/01/2024 at 07:21, Joz said:

My issues exactly, but my front lip gets scraped on virtually every exit from our rear lane onto the road. At this time it’s held together by gaffa tape, at this point have no plans to replace it cos it’ll only last a few months before it’s shredded again.

My rear spoiler light has similar issues.

The twists come with a turbo logo.

But I’ll follow your progress for when I need to do the same.

Hi Joe,

Hope you're doing well!

I also manage to catch my front spoiler on everything! Currently mine is colour matched, and the scratches/cracks are so obvious. 
Porsche Brighton quoted me $800 for the part, but i've seen non genuine ones online for $200 on Ebay. I'm thinking at that price is may not be a bad idea to change it over and try keep it from getting damaged.

Brake light they quoted me $510 FYI...which seems not that far off what they are online.

On 22/01/2024 at 09:59, GTP911 said:

3) All the major O/S Porsche part sellers have American public holiday and coupon specials on a regular basis, worth keeping an eye out for these offers, and

4) I have used Design911 & Pelican Parts for OEM parts, service and quality have been good.

Thanks for this info and advice.

I wasn't aware of the $1000 threshold, this is good to know.

I may try look out for some sales.