USA to OZ car importer.

http://www.usatoaus.com/buy.aspx

Just came across this website today, definitely worth a look if anyone interested in bringing a car back, especially one that is on the site for sale.   All prices included from picking your car up from where it is for sale to you picking the car up back here in Oz.

They will even track what you want down for you for $300, which is refundable if they export it back here.

I have no affiliation with the site.

They have had the same cars on there for over 12 Months.

Or Maybe they are just 'example' cars.

I enquired with them about a 912 and it felt like it was a bit of a , cough, scam.

I didn't have a good feeling from the emails I was bombarded with from them almost forcing me to pay the inspection fee.

All I did was enquire if I could send someone in the states around to inspect the car for me and they were dead against giving out the location and wanted to use their own inspector.

Which I thought was a bit dodgy. What are you gonna do when it rolls up here and it is not what they described? Take it back?

I worked out that if I could source my own shipper(which is easy) I could fly over and inspect in person, do a deal, deliver it to the shipper and fly back for less cash.

Then you have the import papers to deal with here, which you can just engage a professional firm locally to assist with. I have a client who has done a lot of American imports.

Can vouch for these guys, they bought a car in for me in late 2012.. It was an easy process, but I had owned the car in the US since 2005.. So I cannot comment on their inspection services. I merely told then where the car was, where it had to go, paid a deposit and got a call about 8 weeks later to pick it up.. Whilst it was a little pricier upfront than importing yourself it sure was a hell of a lot easier.. I've imported all by my self before and I'd never do it again! At least not while I work a day job.

Archived