Hey everyone! SteamWolf bought a .......

I've had an Adventra for over 2 years now. Excellent car. I take it on Stockton beach when I go fishing and camp in it overnight. Don't let anyone tell you its not a proper 4WD. They go well on sand.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They go well on sand.

They should.  Offroad development included many miles in the Simpson desert.   One particular test trip had an Audi Allroad and X5 along for benchmarking and they didnt make it out.

They should.  Offroad development included many miles in the Simpson desert.   One particular test trip had an Audi Allroad and X5 along for benchmarking and they didnt make it out.

Porsche ownership & enthusiasm...

images.jpg

If its the v8 like mine they've got enough grunt  and drive like a limo. I was told they are built on a Statesmen platform. Plus enough clearance to jump gutters and traffic islands. Always handy for shortcuts.

If its the v8 like mine they've got enough grunt  and drive like a limo. I was told they are built on a Statesmen platform. Plus enough clearance to jump gutters and traffic islands. Always handy for shortcuts.

The body structure is surprisingly similar to any VT-VZ wagon (which shares the longer floor with the Statesman) There are a number of depressions in the floor pan for the extra drive shafts, mounts for the transfer case, different tailgate but otherwise the same.  210mm clearance from memory.  Extra track width also helps cornering despite the taller ride. Not bad for an afterthought design to fill a hole inthe model range.

My golfing buddy has one since new, it's a six but he tows his camper trailer etc no problems. He has about 160,000klms on it & only trouble he had was with the coil packs (I think uncle can relate to this). It rides extremely well & I'm sure a V8 would be a revelation.

Archived