Hey everyone! SteamWolf bought a .......

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Alright, clearly the level of interest in what I bought is far higher than I would ever have thought, so at risk of ruining (or, more likely, reenforcing) my reputation here...

Holden Adventra? Jeep Cherokee? Volvo XC90 V8?

2010911C4 got it in one.

It's a 5.7L V8 with custom exhaust, full leather interior and an idiot with lowered ears and a big grin driving it.

It looks greenish in the photos but it's more of a teal (apparently so my lovely lady tells me - I'm a man with a V8 so I only recognise primary colours).

The main reason I chose this over an XC90, X5 or Jeep is no-one in Newcastle will service an XC90 (and I'm sick of working on my road cars), I couldn't find an X5 with the kilometers or condition that matched the asking price, and Jeeps are Jeeps (aka made from cast iron and bailing twine).

Also, it has loads of room, will do the light offroading we use it for when camping, goldpanning and fishing, it'll tow the race car or 911, and the roof is lower than the other options so it fits under the garage door.

20130705_165554_zpsccafed6f.jpg

20130703_122117_zpsaf843caa.jpg

have you tried the cruise control yet? I remember driving a few of these up the ranges and they like accelerating hard uphill lol

good buy though!

Yeah cruise control was programmed by a drunk guy with a VB box for a hat, but it works well. In fact, everything works well. Climate control, sunroof, cruise control, trip computer etc etc.

It's in pretty good nick for the age of the car, and kilometers are reasonable.  It's a lot of car for not a lot of money.

Its an '04 and it was a sales flop as they didnt market it very well. They had lots of photos of snow and skis which is interesting to 0.000001% of the aussie population.

Having said that I see loads of them around and very few for sale, which is usually a good sign.

Good choice. These are de rigeur as tow cars for the speed boat guys. (so not many for sale)

IMO These cars ride better than the standard wagon which can a be bit of a boat.

NB don't go full throttle on full lock... I think the front CV's are on the edge of their design limits. ie. no circle work or thrashing up a muddy winding track. Otherwise these things are as tough as any other Holden. Enjoy your new wheels.

Archived