Making low volume small plastic parts

SM911

I've recently bought some second hand sports seats, and the small plastic assemblies that protect the adjusting mechanisms from dirt/dust ingress are broken (part no's 911-521-731-00, and 911-521-732-00). See '4' in the below diagram.

I'd like to look at getting new ones, but all the big suppliers say these parts are NLA.

Does anyone here have any experience in getting small plastic parts made from a mould, or using a 3-D printer? I expect that the CAD work to design the part would outweigh the need for it, but I don't know enough about making small, low volume parts.

Anyone got any ideas?

Scotty

Seatplasticassembly_zps58acb37c.jpg

You need someone with access to a 3D printer AND a 3D laser scanner. Then all you need is someone to loan you the original part and they can make decent copy. This of course would cost way to much unless you know the right people. Sadly I don't so I can't help  :(

Well, let's see...

There are x amount of members on PFA if we all contribute y each then perhaps.....

Naaaah, just joking (in joke folks, couldn't resist... Apologies to all those implicated and confused, it was just too easy)

• 1 month later...

I've got a 3D printer, and have done enough CAD work to be dangerous... here's a little light switch cover I designed and printed to stop people turning off my security light! Whether or not your part is really suitable to 3D printing will depend on the small latches etc I think I see in the pic. Do you have any larger pics showing more detail?

switch_cover_preview_featured.jpg

Archived