911 Carrera 3.0 Import

Lime green was a definite for these cars.

Here's a '75 Carrera 2.7 in Lime Green -

http://www.classicroadandtrack.com.au/product_details.php?category_id=53&item_id=42

An imported car would be associated with 1. potentially poor documentation and 2. rust (esp if from the UK), hence lower pricing. If these two factors could be controlled/accounted for, then there's no reason values wouldn't be close to locally delivered cars as the Carrera3.o's are not strictly considered collectible - yet. Once a car reaches a collectible status, it's country of origin starts to add value.

That colour doesn't look right- I didn't think they had lime green on 75/76 cars...

Any anoraks who can clarify this?

I think there was a choice, as there is now, 

paint code on my ex 76/77 Carrera 3 Targa  was champagne gold, these cars were built in limited as a prelude to the later sc's quite rare, cant remember but only around 14 Targa's built, and around 1000 hardtops, 

bit of an experiment i think continuing on from the 2.7 litre with the much more reliable 3.0, by the time 78 came they built about 875550426000 sc's with all the mod cons, air con, power brakes, steering etc, much heavier, 

The old Carrera 3 is one early car that could keep with a 930, They were QUICK and LIGHT and RELIABLE, i think a good buy if it works, id buy it if there were two of me :)

I'm reasonably sure '76 Carrera's had black trim around the front and rear windows and the door frames. That one seems to have the anodised chrome trim.

After the black trim became standard, bright anodised trim became a no cost option that carried through to 1979 I understand

Archived