FUEL CONSUMPTION FOR MY 986S BOX FROM SMT

Niko

so quick question to all...

when do you fill up?  I always run my cars down until the light comes on...  for a couple of reasons..

1) if you have a 60ltr tank and always fill it up from 1/4 tank then you really only have a 45 ltr tank. 

2) by using as much of the fuel, all the time, i figure "its all fresh"  

30 i'm often lazy and leave it as long as possible

What about the rest of you?

I go till about 1/4 tank, never really go very low - just so I don't pickup all the crap that accumulates on the bottom of the tank over time

I go till about 1/4 tank, never really go very low - just so I don't pickup all the crap that accumulates on the bottom of the tank over time

I've always hear this argument and it make sense

But at the same time i've always run my tank low and never had a problem

Maybe its the "over time"  part

I need to own my cars a little longer... ;)

What tyres do you guys have if the arse kicks out? Mine has the Continental Sport Contact 2's (original 35,000k) on front and 3's (newish 5,000k) on rear. It is very well behaved as far as arse kicking out is concerned, I even tried to get some tail end action in the wet with no results. Might be I need to turn off traction control....

My S doesn't have traction and I run 19 inch wheels and Falken FK452 tyres. It's quite tail happy but always controlled. It never kicks back and tries to kill you. The other day I thought there was something wrong with my car. I went around some familiar corners waiting for the tail to kick but nothing. I went to the servo this morning and pumped up the tyres to 38psi from 30psi and guess what, tail happiness is back. 

Archived