Jenvy ITB's for 3.2

KBGr4

Hi, has anyone here in Australia fitted or personally used the Jenvy's Individual Throttle Body's on a 3.2. I am considering them for a project I am still developing but would appreciate some real world feedback from users. I have read reports in Classic Porsche etc. and know that they are popular with the likes of Francis Tutill in England. Any yes I know that I could simply fit a set of PMO's but I appreciate the added benefits that EFI allows.

Autohaus Hamilton built this for me, it is truly awesome and may be zackerly what you have in mind

8638642169_cc72278786_c.jpg

but be aware

it is addictive

easier to drive

you will keep adding stuff

stuff is expensive

but overall, well worth while

Autohaus Hamilton built this for me, it is truly awesome and may be zackerly what you have in mind

8638642169_cc72278786_c.jpg

but be aware

it is addictive

easier to drive

you will keep adding stuff

stuff is expensive

but overall, well worth while

why does the intake face forward on this engine? wouldn't that just go into the firewall?

why does the intake face forward on this engine? wouldn't that just go into the firewall?

I surmise that where it is, it is sheltered from rain falling on/thru the mesh rear cover as it tucks into the engine compartment where it is covered. 

As if I leave my car in the rain.

To answer the original question of this post:

I'm not sure whether mine are Jenveys or PMO; I suspect that there is not a world of difference.  They formed part of a well thought out kit that AutoHaus sourced for me after extensive research.  Kit included lots of stuff; like the linkages, GT3 variable plenum for more torque at low revs.  The package worked like a dream from the get go, and while the engine does make great gobs of power it is not a monster.  It has loads of torque, is smooth like a turbine and easier to drive.

Those of you with early 3.2 Carreras will know that the original engine does not like, for example, revs dropping under no load.  As the revs drop to around 2,000 rpm the early electronics will suddenly try to keep it running and it will get very jerky.  Now it could be the Motec (I did state that stuff is expensive) but this engine is quite happy at any rev range, none of that sudden jerkiness.  It will happily pull strongly from any rev range.

The big difference that it makes was highlighted at Bathurst; - going down the mountain there wasn't a startling difference when I was running with the other cars in my group.  Going up the mountain, it was cheerio see youse later.

I surmise that where it is, it is sheltered from rain falling on/thru the mesh rear cover as it tucks into the engine compartment where it is covered. 

As if I leave my car in the rain.

To answer the original question of this post:

I'm not sure whether mine are Jenveys or PMO; I suspect that there is not a world of difference.  They formed part of a well thought out kit that AutoHaus sourced for me after extensive research.  Kit included lots of stuff; like the linkages, GT3 variable plenum for more torque at low revs.  The package worked like a dream from the get go, and while the engine does make great gobs of power it is not a monster.  It has loads of torque, is smooth like a turbine and easier to drive.

okay seems weird as i've seen that kit (rothsport kit i believe) with the filter placed conventionally, with or without a little tin rain cover like the old weber setups.

i want to do the same kit on my 3.6!!

Hi, has anyone here in Australia fitted or personally used the Jenvy's Individual Throttle Body's on a 3.2. I am considering them for a project I am still developing but would appreciate some real world feedback from users. I have read reports in Classic Porsche etc. and know that they are popular with the likes of Francis Tutill in England. Any yes I know that I could simply fit a set of PMO's but I appreciate the added benefits that EFI allows.

My good friend has two early 80's 911 s - the older one is an ex UK car set up for histroric rallying (body is a bit rough) and it runs PMO Carbies (46?). Its well set up and it goes like stink!

His other car is an 85 local 3.2 car which runs Jenvey ITBs. Its a tight road car which does the odd track day. Whilst not his daily driver ( because his wife prefers his new M3) he drives it a fair bit on weekends etc.

The Jenvey car is smooth & very quick with absolutely no fuss. Its very easy to drive and the power comes on like a turbine.

The rally car is built to accelerate very quickly out of tight corners on outback roads & its fun for an hour or so if you are driving hard & fast. It has motorbike like throttle response but uses huge amounts of petrol.

Otherwise, the Jenvey car is a much better everyday car  which I personally prefer and its probably just as quick on suburban roads where you dont 'show off' & attract blue-light attention.

Peter in Melbourne

Thanks everyone for the input its much appreciated and has certainly given me a few extra things to consider.

Sydr your set up looks amazing and knowing Grant it would produce impressive results as you say. In fact I may really have to give it serious consideration to add to the list of "stuff" after all.

While speaking to Autohaus today I checked some things:

It appears that the PMO's are set into a bank of 3 like the carburettors.  Jenveys are individual tb's which allows a lot of flexibility in set up and configuration

A cover is easily fabricated for the aircleaner if you decide to turn it around.  However, then you will have to decide whether you can live with cutting the rear of the car as it is too high.

Archived