Car Care Clinic Sydney

nath

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What a fun way to spend a Saturday morning! Apart from the coffee it was most excellent!! It was great to meet a few more members, but I was disappointed only Joel and myself wore our PFA t-shirts!  :P

Here'a pic or my car not long after getting home with all the new toys I bought!

foamlance.jpg

Thanks for organising Nath!

Cheers,

• 9 months later...

Did anyone buy one of their DAS6 Polishers?

How have you found it?

Thinking of getting one for myself and the old man.

I have a DA6 pro. Works at treat, I know a few detailers who have them in their tool kit too. Probably the best bang for your buck starter RO polisher.

Thanks for the offer Pete, the old man has requested one for Father's Day. I have only just started looking at different brands and remembered this thread so thought it was worth asking if anyone has one and what they think of the unit.

Do you like yours or do you recon getting a professional job is a better way to go?

Ben,

Caver loves his and that was enough for me.  I've only used mine for bits and pieces and am very happy with it.  I also bought one of the Pro package deals with pads and cutting fluids. 

I'm concentrating on getting all my odd jobs done first before I tackle the paint on the gold one.   As for whether I do it myself or pay someone I haven't decided and could go either way depending on how motivated I am on the day.

Yep, more than happy with it.  You will get a really pleasing and professional finish using it.  Go for it Ben...once you get over the dread of putting a power tool onto your paint surface, you'll realise that you're worrying about nothing.  It's almost impossible to get it wrong.  Happy to assist with advice when you get started.

Cheers.

David.

Fair call!  I did some practice on my Forester first.  I was able to remove even deep scratches in the paint made from driving narrow bush trails.  Bush pinstriping as they call it.  The "hands on" car care course we did also gave confidence.  The main thing is to be clean with everything.  Claying the surface first is a must.  Use microfibre cloths and replace them at each step of the process.  Never use the cloth from one process in the next process.  If you drop one, get a clear one.  I just use the cheap microfibre cloths from K-Mart.  Buy a heap of them.  I wash them after use and they're fine next time around.  Most people don't realise that the scratches in their paintwork have most likely been put there by themselves due to unclean washing and drying methods.  If you can adopt touchless washing and drying techniques, then you'll maintain that perfect surface for longer.

Archived