SteamWolf

The thing with the Wolf, is you can use what ever features you like with this system, but it at least it has the option if you want to use them you can. Other units have these built in, but you need to pay to open them! 

As with most of the good aftermarket ECUs they can be tailored to suit your needs!

• 2 weeks later...

There is a clean 3.2 manifold for sale on Pelican.

He says he wants $600 but open to offers. Looks like he is in LA so it might be feasible to use Kiwi Shipping to get to OZ in a container??

I would have snapped it up if I hadnt already got one.

http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsche-911-used-parts-sale-wanted/773667-carrera-3-2-intake-manifold-fs.html

• 2 months later...

Hi guys,

does anyone know whether the overall height of the 3.2L setup is taller than the 3.0L CIS setup?  obviously the height from the manifold face to the air boot on the 3.0L would be the measurement I'm comparing to? it looks as though its lower - especially to the rubber elbow after the throttle body 

Cheers in advance

Nath

Hi guys, I will have 3.2 fuel system less the computer available shortly for anyone interested. I am still working on putting Jenvy ITB onto my motor

There's no doubt in my mind that this is the way to go.  Ask me how I know6922531829_6004b27e05_b.jpg

Car drives easier, has more torque, more power, does not do the big 'burp' that characterises the standard 3.2 set up as the revs drop when you slow down, - it is transformational.

And if you change the ecu you can make it spit flames to psyche out whoever is behind you

^ what's involved with putting the jenvey ITB/rothsport manifold etc onto a 964 3.6? being efi already, does it simply require a piggyback ecu for tuning?

and can the manifold be turned around so the intake is above the fan not facing the firewall?

i already have cup cams and a full exhaust, figure the intake is next on the list..

I wish Octagon, CAMS, et al would let us run EFI on 1974 RS tarmac rally spec 911's. I would love to run EFI, even though PMO's probably pump out as much outright horsepower, the convenience of EFI (economy, cold starts, and tuning) make it a no brainer. All the best with your conversion. Looking forward to reading more.

^ what's involved with putting the jenvey ITB/rothsport manifold etc onto a 964 3.6? being efi already, does it simply require a piggyback ecu for tuning?

and can the manifold be turned around so the intake is above the fan not facing the firewall?

i already have cup cams and a full exhaust, figure the intake is next on the list..

I can't really answer this, perhaps you should talk to Grant at Autohaus Hamilton as it was he who managed my installation.

I think (which is different to I know) that turning the intake around could perhaps result in some issues with water when washing/raining

• 3 months later...

I have done a few of these the most recent is a 3.2 short stroke. So a 3.0 litre with 98mm cylinders being run with a Wolf V500 although since then the V550 has superseded the V500, this unit gives better control and more features. This engine is running standard 3.2 manifold and injectors, Std cams and heads. It uses a modified distributor as a crank sensor and makes 245 BHP corrected from the wheels. http://www.spyderautomobiles.com.au/files/engine_development.pdf scroll down on the link to the 3.2 short stroke page. This is super drivable makes more power and torque and as a bonus is more economical!

Hey Mike,

Out of interest did you use the modified distributor for sequential ignition/spark (i.e. effective cam sensor) or did you use an actual cam sensor in the end of the cam, or did you run wasted spark? 

I'm trying to find a build thread where someone has modified the distributor as an alternative cam sensor rather than drilling into the end of the camshaft when running sequential

Cheers

NaFe

Archived