Aftermarket Rear Parking Sensors....

Orion03

Is it possible to retrofit aftermarket Rear Parking Sensors into a 997?

Anyone know of a place that'll do a good job?

I expect the rear bumper will have to be taken off and holes drilled an colour matched sensors installed?

thanks all

Wise words from 928S4

"Re: the sensors- if you want to preserve the original look, may I suggest some of the newer, hidden sensors? They seem as accurate but don't require drilling as they sit behind the bumper. 

My friend has it on his VW GTI. Seems to be a good compromise. I'd be picky about what sort of sensors would be used if they had to drill the bumper for the install as I'd want it as close to original positioning, colour flushness etc"

As you're in Melb Orion, have a look at Burg's microflush, Moorabbin.

I have had them installed on the daily driver and they were the flushest mount I could find.  Not completely flush but pretty close, still have a slight outer ring, better than some of the bulky ones.

http://www.burgdesign.com.au/store/categories/PARKING-SENSORS/

I advise driving the car for a few weeks without them. I looked into retrofitting these into my 997, as i had come from a car with rear sensors and thought i would miss them. After a few weeks i realised that i did not need them as much as i thought. While nice to have if they are factory fitted, they are not worth spoiling the look of the rear bar with aftermarket sensors for the little bit of value they add IMO.

Archived