Jocaro or Hartech?

Hopefully PPI on 964 at KTEC in Perth will go to plan this week and I'll go ahead with purchase and bring the car back to Melbourne. I then want to align with a local workshop, initially for RWC to transfer to Vic reg but then ongoing service and maintenance.

Jocaro and Hartech are handy (live Mt Eliza, work Dandenong) and seem to get good references here. Any thoughts on preference and why? Is there any need to go further afield?

Will be my first porsche so what's important to me:

- a trusted partner that will take a long term view and not stitch me up for things i dont need to make a quick buck

- happy to explain issues to me so I can learn as we go

- reliable and prompt (I want to drive it not have it sitting for weeks at a workshop)

- reasonably priced(not expecting cheap, just fair)

- one stop shop for whatever the car needs (too busy to be running around town)

- pick up/delivery or courtesy car to make it simple

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Speak to both and hear what they have to say. I know Adrian (Hartech), although I haven't used his work shop as I live the other end of town.

I have always found him friendly and he takes the time to explain automotive issues and options from his detailed knowledge.

Harrisonsrrr.com

Spencer knows 944s backwards, and 911's etc too. He once diagnosed my car before I had got out, he then popped the hood and fixed it and sent me on my way, no charge(was a loose nut on manifold). I had dropped into one of the other ppl mentioned above with this same issue, the day before, and they had no idea what was wrong, so I can't honestly recommend them.

• 3 weeks later...

I just came across Cairns Classic Modern Porsche, very handy to where I work, impressive looking facilities, the cairns name seems to be well regarded - was planning to go to Harrisons but its a bit of a pain to get to and from without loan cars etc. what experience have people had withCCMP?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Decided to try CCMPS - dropped 964 in today for minor service plus tidying up a couple of minor bits and pieces, must say very impressed so far - Shaun cairns was keen to check out the car and have a chat. Introduced me to a couple of his guys, showed me around the workshop where there was quite a lot of work going on, maybe 30 cars there water and air cooled of all varieties road and track cars,

Lent me a golf to drive around in until mine is ready - makes things a lot easier

Rang me later in the day with a progress report on the various jobs and updating likely completion (later this week)

So far very impressed. Thought it was worth posting as I couldn't find much about them on line as they are reasonably new (Shaun took over from his father George a year or so ago)

Archived