Picking up my 997

Orion03

Wow, great read! Congrats! The pros sure outweigh the cons. Nothing beats looking over a car yourself- things like the centre console peeling are quite common, in 987/997 guise. Wrapping it in a matte silver/black shouldn't be too expensive I think but take it one step at at time ;) 

Enjoy!

Wow, great read! Congrats! The pros sure outweigh the cons. Nothing beats looking over a car yourself- things like the centre console peeling are quite common, in 987/997 guise. Wrapping it in a matte silver/black shouldn't be too expensive I think but take it one step at at time ;) 

Enjoy!

• 2 months later...

This is a fun story which allowed me to reminisce my own adventure flying early Brisbane to Sydney to inspect and purchase my 997S which is similarly specced and then drive the return trip to Brissie with my partner.  Neither of us could really comprehend we actually bought a Porsche and my wife loved the drive.

Great memories and even after the 12 hour trip just wanted to keep driving.

• 2 weeks later...

Bought it in Feb 2013 as a private sale through carsales.  

When I was looking I found I got better history dealing with an actual owner compared to a salesperson at a dealer.  If I asked a dealer about panel work or engine rebuilds the response was always 'it hasn't had any major work that I know about'.  

By comparison, I found owners to be knowledgeable, passionate, forthright and much less shady - much like the dudes on this forum!

• 2 months later...

Did exactly the same thing 3 times for different cars

Trip down memory lane...

Salesperson should have been frank with the defects though, although if the wear marks are consistent with mileage then it would be ok. 

Congrats

Oh yeah I was quite pissed off with him about all the marks, basically I told him that when someone flies in to pick up a car, there should be no surprises!

Up front show me the marks.

Archived