PFA Men in Motor Mag

9fan

I think we need to organise another run out there for lunch, it's a good feed and the locals will keep you amused for hours.

Good call Tingy....I certainly intend to have a bit of a drive up to the Xmas Party at Uncle's shed.  We can either go the same route as the "Scotch Run" or extend it via the Putty Road.

Russ I don't think we got over 65kmh shooting those pics and we had to be really close together, we are closer than the photos make us out to be, lucky the roads weren't too busy that morning. We did 3 or 4 runs along a section of road, up and down and swapping positions with the cars, Thomas kept clicking away till he got the shots he wanted.

It was a real eye opener to see what goes into a car photo shoot like that.

Yeah Russ, Thomas was kneeling in the passenger seat of the Boxster, shooting backwards at Steamwolf and the 991 down the windy bits.  I had to go slow so the cars behind could close up.  I also had to tell Thomas when we were coming into a left turn as they were the only ones he was interested in for photographing, so the cars looked nicely positioned in the photo.  Thomas was completely trusting me to tell him when a sharp bend was coming up, so he didn't fall out of the car!

Late on, I reminded him that Jim had a sunroof, hoping that he'd get some shots of the Boxster.  B)   Oh well, it was a team effort that day and the resultant article is a good advertisement for the PFA!

• 1 month later...

The latest edition of Motor Magazine has published a letter to the editor about the recent Scotch Weekend article.  It's thoughtful and well considered and it made the "letter of the month".

And Jim's car gets ANOTHER photo spread!!!!!       B)  B)

Archived