PFA Men in Motor Mag

9fan

Just had a quick look at the Oct Motor Mag at the tyre shop and saw a few of our PFA mermbers.

I think you have blown your cover guys, good to see you out cruising and talking Porsches !

For those of us that this somehow passed by...  :blink: 

Can't quite believe I didn't make it up for this northern hospitality - malts and revs!  :rolleyes:  :D

Well done crew, looks like a great time!

Kerry

PS Cheers D for the PDF...   ;)

Screenshot2013-10-24074502_zps5700b1f4.p

Screenshot2013-10-24074520_zpsc1182b08.p

Screenshot2013-10-24074537_zps977399cf.p

Screenshot2013-10-24074606_zpsd1a964d1.p

Screenshot2013-10-24074621_zpsf5aaf4a0.p

LOL you can't quite see it but I'm at the wheel of the 991 in the shot looking out the back of Russ's Targa. It was the morning after the night before and my eyes are very wide as I'm alot closer than it looks. Like under 2mtrs in a $328,000 car going down hill at 60kph. Great way to wipe away any slight hang-over that I might of had.

LOL you can't quite see it but I'm at the wheel of the 991 in the shot looking out the back of Russ's Targa. It was the morning after the night before and my eyes are very wide as I'm alot closer than it looks. Like under 2mtrs in a $328,000 car going down hill at 60kph. Great way to wipe away any slight hang-over that I might of had.

lol you looked like you were having fun at least! I was amazed Thomas was able to keep upright round some of those corners for those shots

lol you looked like you were having fun at least! I was amazed Thomas was able to keep upright round some of those corners for those shots

Russ I don't think we got over 65kmh shooting those pics and we had to be really close together, we are closer than the photos make us out to be, lucky the roads weren't too busy that morning. We did 3 or 4 runs along a section of road, up and down and swapping positions with the cars, Thomas kept clicking away till he got the shots he wanted.

It was a real eye opener to see what goes into a car photo shoot like that, Thomas took a ton of photos and I was surprised to see what didn't make it into the aritcle.

For me the biggest laughs of the day was pissed out old mate at the Paxton Pub who was heading out to "look at the Ferrari's", I said "no mate, their Porsche's", "oh them the one's with the engine in the boot", "yes mate most of 'em do, check out that new one, it's worth over $300k', "F#*@ me, who would pay that much for a car with the engine in the boot"!

Then asked the journo for the keys so he could take it for a test run after he had consumed about 10 schooners of beer after his morning hit of Brown Muscat.

It drew a crowd at the pub anyway, I think we need to organise another run out there for lunch, it's a good feed and the locals will keep you amused for hours.

I knew I should've got down earlier for the first outing - looks like a lot of fun those roads!

I was more talking about the shots of the next morning, I was right up it (the 991 was probably just idling) and Thomas was pointing out the roof and still managed to take a great shot

Archived