Is this what im looking for??

Hi ,

Im new here and looking to buy a Porcshe. Im after something that will hold its value and fun to drive. Been looking here and in the USA and i have imported several cars before so i know the drill.

I know pretty well nothing about porcshes, but would somethink like this be worth the money? It would cost me about $5-$6k to get it to my door.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Porsche-911-LOW-MILES-FACTORY-A-C-STUNNING-1974-porsche-911-targa-only-69-933-original-miles-/390686817367?forcerrptr=true&hash=item5af6bfbc57&item=390686817367&pt=US_Cars_Trucks

Thanks

looks very expensive for a targa to me?

Thats what im trying to understand. Ive seen some 72-76 911s for sale for over 100k! what is the difference? are some more collectable than others?

I thought that 35k for that car in that condition would ave been ok. So Targas arnt that popular?

Thats what im trying to understand. Ive seen some 72-76 911s for sale for over 100k! what is the difference? are some more collectable than others?

I thought that 35k for that car in that condition would ave been ok. So Targas arnt that popular?

this is a really big/broad subject to go into haha

any hardtop from 1973 or earlier is good money, most 80's carrera 3.2 are pretty solid.. targa's, cabriolets and sportomatics take a big hit etc etc

some exceptions, it can be a minefield

Hi ,

Im new here and looking to buy a Porcshe. Im after something that will hold its value and fun to drive. Been looking here and in the USA and i have imported several cars before so i know the drill.

I know pretty well nothing about porcshes, but would somethink like this be worth the money? It would cost me about $5-$6k to get it to my door.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Porsche-911-LOW-MILES-FACTORY-A-C-STUNNING-1974-porsche-911-targa-only-69-933-original-miles-/390686817367?forcerrptr=true&hash=item5af6bfbc57&item=390686817367&pt=US_Cars_Trucks

Thanks

This is right at the top end and is priced there due to its low miles and condition.

Is it worth the money? If you want a mint early Impact Bumper Targa then this is one of the best you'll find.

Now we come to the money shot, would you get your money back if you decided to sell the car in the short to mid term? Probably not. The Targa market is and has been quite soft for a while now(generally copues tend to be more attractive, but it doesn't make either option more or less superior)

However, if you want the car to keep and cherish then this is all irrelevant.

In my humble (and free) opinion, this car is expensive and should only be bought by someone who wants this exact car in this exact colour and specification. This particular model wasn't very powerful (160Bhp), noting that its had Carbs added so may be making a little more power now. It also isn't particularly rare so getting your money back may take along time.(if it was your plan to import and sell on for little to no loss in capital outlay)

You could buy something in very similar condition for less money, RHD(not that this makes any difference to me) and here in Australia, thus avoiding the long and expensive importation process.(I think at a US price of 35k you'd be paying north of 10k to get it to your door)

For example, if you search carsales.com.au you will find a very nice 1971 911T Targa, LHD for sale at $45k, its been for sale for a long time and is a desireable 'longhood' or early 911.

This is just an example, there are several nice original Impact Bumper 911 Targa's on the market locally and well worth the small price of a plane ticket to pursue.

gumtree , ebay and carsales are your friends here. Play around with the search options and do some fun shopping!

Price is pretty heavy especially for a Targa, a lot of shipping from St Louis to any of the ports.

The car is originally from Florida according to the ad.

They can get a bit of rusting down that neck of the woods. Could be covered up. Who knows from this distance. 

If you are keen to buy from the States I think you would be better off with a West Coaster but if you have bought before you probably already know that..

The car is going to owe you well into the early $40's by the time that it gets here and you have a L/H Targa on your hands. 

By my reckoning no bargain.

I'm not against importing or Left hookers I have a LHD '64 Thunderbird that I imported from the States but I think the Porsche market is different. Far less understanding of imported cars especially if they are LHD.

Certainly will affect your resale price and sell rate.

Dave 

Archived