That first car is classic have a lot of power but NFI of what we are doing but it's ok we have a lot of money and that will make it ok.

Radial and slicks should never mix.

What you are seeing it the rear slicks doing their normal walking around on the side walls of the tyre. That's how they work and helps them grip.Now when you're not spaz and actualy want to stay alive you also use a non-radial sidewall tyre on the front. AKA a rag tyre IE no steel belts in the sidewall. This will let the tyres "walk" or yaw but the car will track straight. When you have a radial tyre on the front as the back walks the front holds steady. This has the effect you see in the vid. Think of it like this. The slicks he is running would have say 12 psi in them and heaps of flex. Post burn out he might have 16psi. Now the front have say 38psi. So your driving down the strip at 200+kph with what is more or less 2 flat rear tyres... Just plain stupid.

He has clearly been clued up to pull the ABS fues out to stop the car from freaking out when he hits the brakes and the car works out that the back is stopping heaps quicker than the front. So whoever told him that should of known better than to mix radial and slicks. 

He also would of gone just as fast on a ET street radial that would not of given him any trouble.

When I get home I'll post the better vid of how close he comes to hurting himself and more importantly hitting the time makers on the track and spoiling other peoples day.  

/end rant.

No rant Uncle lol

I too share your points of view on idiots who go out with cross ply's out back and radials out front.... that stuff use to annoy the hell out of me.. surprised they let you run like that, only takes one idiot to get out of shape and kiss the wall and your day/night of racing is over! 

This household is no stranger to drag racing.... 

:D 

wsidstreetmeet011206_004.jpg

10.94@125.jpg

It's a 6MT... we still own it :) 

Archived