One for the 4WD people, think I will name it....OOPS!

Niko

I just returned from 5 days on Fraser Island where you see all sorts of crazy stuff, traveling down the beach we came across one of the huge all wheel drive tour buses headed up the island. He's hit a huge washout head on (would have been 2-3 feet high) and snapped front axels turning both front wheels outwards , I can only imagine the sudden impact ! We drove past and the driver was sitting on the dunes feeling a little sorry for himself and everyone on board (tourists) were ok .. Could have been a lot worse !

The Nissan patrol performed great as usual but when we got off the island we were driving towards Gympie via Rainbow Beach and my power steering belt snapped !! Thank god it didn't go on the island..!

Driving with no power assistance 60+ ks to Gympie was a challenge that's for sure !

Called ahead to Nissan in Gympie and we had the car fixed and were back on the road !!

Great trip !!

1957 , South America , when men were men and there were no 12v coolers or EPIRBS

jmoore2.jpg

And it took a week to get hold of transport out on horseback , for a broken ankle.  :(

Also from 1957 , much cooler than sweaty blokes...a certain actress

marilyn-monrow-land-rover-1957.jpg

Archived