You got to laugh

Guest Harold

Decided to drive the car to work today as I can't remember when I last started it. Now I am no fast driver, the speed limit is about how fast I go. Heading from St Ives to Chatswood there is this nutter in a Subaru BRZ, the little sports car thing. The guy sees me and suddenly he is racing through the traffic presumably to prove to me how fast his car is. He weaves from left to right and back again making special friends everywhere he travels. Each time we get to lights he is beside me back in the line of traffic as he consistently picks the wrong lane. This goes on until we get to Scuderia Veloce where I bought the car and lo and behold the lights outside of the dealership turn red. I am in front of the right lane and he is in front of the left lane. They turn green and I give it heaps to 60 then it is foot off. I look back and he is so far behind it is not funny. About 30 seconds later he flies past at warp speed. God loves a trier! I honestly think he thought the BRZ was as fast as a 991S. Too funny.

Decided to drive the car to work today as I can't remember when I last started it. Now I am no fast driver, the speed limit is about how fast I go. Heading from St Ives to Chatswood there is this nutter in a Subaru BRZ, the little sports car thing. The guy sees me and suddenly he is racing through the traffic presumably to prove to me how fast his car is. He weaves from left to right and back again making special friends everywhere he travels. Each time we get to lights he is beside me back in the line of traffic as he consistently picks the wrong lane. This goes on until we get to Scuderia Veloce where I bought the car and lo and behold the lights outside of the dealership turn red. I am in front of the right lane and he is in front of the left lane. They turn green and I give it heaps to 60 then it is foot off. I look back and he is so far behind it is not funny. About 30 seconds later he flies past at warp speed. God loves a trier! I honestly think he thought the BRZ was as fast as a 991S. Too funny.

wouldn't you love to hear his side of the story at the water cooler this morning  :D

Geez Harold, I hope you left the guy some dignity & didn't use launch control!!!

I must admit when I face that situation I think "you really have no idea about Porsches, do you?" & then let them go & drive away as sedately as I can ( but not all the time!).

I know it is childish,but I must say it does put a smile on my face driving McCarrs Creek Rd either behind a GT86 / BRZ or in front of one. The ease with which you can either stay with them if they are in front, or leave them behind as soon as you drop a gear or 2 always  reinforces the merits of a owning a performance car

Geez Harold, I hope you left the guy some dignity & didn't use launch control!!!

I must admit when I face that situation I think "you really have no idea about Porsches, do you?" & then let them go & drive away as sedately as I can ( but not all the time!).

Confession time: this used to be me. My things were evo8s or fc rx7s. All turbo, all fast, all capable. My whole logic at the time was that I would love to smash a big $$$ euro at the race track. I had an older german guy at work who said buy a Porsche and you'll never look back.

So with my Evo quickly becoming the new 'police target' I quickly sold it for a 76 930 that was at a steal of a price, figuring I'd be able to sell again easily so it's worth a try.

To this day I have trouble conveying why they are so good. But I know that when I do drive it, I'm smiling quite a lot!!!!

The typical ricer flyby

I don't think he knows you've got 2 more cylinders then him

& twice the power

I don't bother with these nutters. Lots of guys on drugs that don't make you sleepy & happy. Wait til you attract a real psycho...

Exactly!  Not worth the hassle or worse still, being spotted by a Police car who automatically assumes you are 'racing'  bye bye car as it goes to the pound!

Archived