Electrical fault. Maybe. ????

Hughesy

G'day gents. Hope Easter is kind to you all

Off to kangaroo valley tomorrow and I just took car out for a pre run, which has revealed the possibility of an electrical fault.

Whilst in motion there was a momentary loss of power, like a miss. Lasting a mere second. It did this 4 times over. 15 Klm run. Power was immediately returned.. The only other warning apart from the miss was that all the warning lights flashed on. Again for less than a second.

The car idles and runs perfectly otherwise.

Any suggestions please. Should I take the porsche or not.

I'm going to hazard a guess at ignition switch, do you have lots of keys on the key ring with your porsche key?

You might find jiggling the key a little in the barrel gives the same result if you want to troubleshoot it, otherwise I'd be looking between the battery and starter

When you say warning lights do you mean everything? Or just generator(alternator) light?

G'day gents. Went through all your suggestions. Nothing revealed. All was tight and secure. Soooooo I thought I'd pull out all fuses and relays. Clean and re secure tightly.

Drove 200 Klm today and problem seems solved. On another note where do we buy relays from specifically no 53 for the window washers.

A big Ty to all for your help

Regards hughesy

Archived