Police attention

CBR944

Was coming home from the movies on Friday with my 14 yo in the P car - noticed a police car that had been travelling in the opposite direction was now behind me.  Went around the corner, cop car followed, then through a (green) traffic light, carefully doing the speed limit, the police car still close behind.  Wondering what I had done wrong when the cop car's flashing lights went on in my rear view mirror.

Stopping the car and winding the window down, the police officer strolled up and immediately said I hadn't done anything wrong, he just loves 944s and - surprisingly - had never seen a turbo on the road before.  He just wanted to have a closer look...!

Owning the same car for 17 years that was a first for me!  Does say something about fewer and fewer of these still out and about I guess. 

Anyway, after a short chat I was left to go on my way - was laughing about it most of the way home - even if the police officer had probably done the wrong thing himself in stopping a car for no reason.  Has anything like this happened to anyone else? 

David

i think i've been fairly lucky, but they seem to leave me well alone. a little odd as the car is not inconspicuous by any means

Same here for some reason, as the GT3 with full M&M race exhaust is hard to miss !

Deejay, I thought your WRX with the straight cut gearbox was louder. I remember hearing that from several blocks away!

Ahh, those were the days !! And I didn't get stopped in that either !!

Returning home from the Bathurst Motor Festival Sunday night. Passing through Young (NSW), spotted Highway Patrol Commodore at lights, saw him indicate and then follow my tow vehicle & trailer.

I got the blue flashing lights so I pulled over, he approached the car with a breath thingy in hand and asked me to count to ten. I asked if that device was tuned to read caffeine. No!

I read 0% for booze, he wished me well for my trip. I asked him to that check the trailer lights were OK. He was happy to oblige.

On my way ....

rEd

Anyway, after a short chat I was left to go on my way - was laughing about it most of the way home - even if the police officer had probably done the wrong thing himself in stopping a car for no reason.  Has anything like this happened to anyone else? 

David

At least he was nice to you.....

Unfortunatly , in this Nazi state, the Police are allowed to pull any car , at any time over, due to the "random breath test "laws. He should have by rights at least made you blow in the bag.

I dont mind people admireing my car, but if he pulled you over just o veiw the car, that is wrongdoing. anyway, as long as you wre not in a hurry to make some appointment, no harm done.

If it were me, and if i ad to get somewere, it would have pissed me off. I would have told him to go to a car show or somthing to look at these cars we love. LOL

At least he didnt write u paperwork, Ive only ever been let off an offence once in my entire driving life.

I have a rap sheet about 11 pages (NO DRINK DRIVING) just in speeding fines etc etc.

I have the upmost respect for the police, but i do dislike power trip highway patrol cops.

can i pull u over to admire your car??

First day i got my licence is the first day i got pulled over.

Why he pulled me over, i have no idea.

At the time i had no plates on the car but had a notice on my windscreen allowing me to drive it (it was friday) so i could get vic reg on monday.

He asked me if i should show him my licence. 

When you get your P's you get a receipt and get the card in the mail. he didn't know that so i explained. he understood it well. i produced my L's to confirm my age ect.  

I asked is it because i have no reg plates.

"nah just noticed the car, that's all"

me like an idiot "here's all the papers ect ect"

"ahh don't worry about it mate i believe you"

cop "so how does she go?"

me "not bad for 20 something year old porsche"

cop "is it quick"

me "well it's not all about speed, she handles quite well!"

cop "i've got a XR6 turbo at home waiting for a larger turbo blah blah"

went on for a bit and i went home. 

Archived