SharkWerks 2011 Porsche 997 GT3 RS - Jay Leno's Garage

Awesome!  That sounds so wild... 

So as I'm watching the 2nd vid my daydreaming mind goes " so if I were totally loaded...I would get one of these...yeah... but hang on...they're in the US...Fk'it!  I'd get one anyway...hang on...they'd be LHD...would it be too crazy to ship a RHD one there and back to get the Sharkwerks 4.1 treatment??...no...no, it wouldn't!..."

Glad I figured out that dilemma!

Then I clicked through to Jay Leno's 918 video....  "yeah that's great Jay, awesome car...but as if I could ever afford one of those!"

Boy, that sure is one exciting bit of kit.

BUT.

If only they had left it at the mechanicals.

Can you you imagine driving that around the local streets, the flashing brake lights alone would infuriate the driver behind.

The stickers, the orange wheels and mirrors, and what about those yellow belts clashing with the orange. Ugh!

On a racetrack with sponsorship sure, but the streets.

The only place you drive it  around dressed in that gear without being noticed is Box hill or Richmond,

[sorry for the states other than Victoria, but you must have your equivalents]

Am I just getting too old and testy or is good taste still good taste.

I want the car without question, what sound and performance, however in a nice light metallic blue.would be more my cup of tea.

Oh, and you can forget that ghastly wing too.

I have to get back to my warm cocoa now.

Dave

Boy, that sure is one exciting bit of kit.

BUT.

If only they had left it at the mechanicals.

Can you you imagine driving that around the local streets, the flashing brake lights alone would infuriate the driver behind.

The stickers, the orange wheels and mirrors, and what about those yellow belts clashing with the orange. Ugh!

On a racetrack with sponsorship sure, but the streets.

The only place you drive it  around dressed in that gear without being noticed is Box hill or Richmond,

[sorry for the states other than Victoria, but you must have your equivalents]

Am I just getting too old and testy or is good taste still good taste.

I want the car without question, what sound and performance, however in a nice light metallic blue.would be more my cup of tea.

Oh, and you can forget that ghastly wing too.

I have to get back to my warm cocoa now.

Dave

i don't know.

you're going to look ridiculous in one of these on the streets anyway.

it's loud, obnoxious, may as well go the whole hog!

from memory the flashing brake lights are due to the effect LED lights have with the cameras used (similar thing happens on top gear even). it's not something the human eye picks up

Archived